Androo
Participant
@androo

hi guys

i am after a couple of other tattoos going for a back piece under my sons name and i am wanting a half sleeve on the top of my left arm to start with i know this may have been asked a 1000 times so sorry guys but i would just like to know what a tattoo of a samurai means? i am after tattoos what mean a guardian something strong and protective etc you get the idea i hope?:D

thanks

andy

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

A samurai tattoo I’d assume would be to represent all of the characteristics of a Samurai through the “bushido” code which are, loyalty, honor, courage, honesty, strong sense of justice and benevolence. Possibly others I cant recall off the top of my head. So in that respect I’d say it fits a “guardian” role.

Androo
Participant
@androo

thanks alot for the reply i am going to do a search on bushido and get some ideas to go with a samurai tattoo and get some ideas for a sleeve i may even have a portrait of my son in there to and i have another on the way so there is another idea and working around that idea what do you think?

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

I’m sure theres definitely ways to add that in. Look a bit into japanese mythology and folklore especially for things that could represent your children, momotaro and kintaro come to mind, but dig around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.