AdmiralPercy
Participant
@admiralpercy

Hello-

I have always given myself about a year once the fancy strikes me for a tat. I don’t go based on whether I like it or not after the year, but whether I think I’ll regret the ink when I’m 45. Ideas that have been axed

Muscle-Bound Patrick

SpongeBob_Patrick_Muscle_Man.jpg

and

Leprechaun with Belt Fed Machine Gun

What are some ideas that you guys have nixed, or wish you had?

Dice
Participant
@dice

these are the worst ideas of tattoo’s Ive ever seen.

Get some that means alot to you and only you.

Don’t be silly, and don’t think too much.

It should come to you straight away if you know!!

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I think some novelty tattoos are cool just don’t get them on your forearm or anything stupid.

If anyone out there knows WWE I want the Dx cartoon of Triple H

I also want Arabic writing or something that says ‘none of your fucking business’ so when people ask what it means I can say….you guessed it…. ‘none of your fucking business’. Yes I am aware that I’m a comedy mastermind lol 😀

Dice
Participant
@dice

Damn Morwin

lol, you are one silly tattoo junkie 😛 jks

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I obviously woudn’t get the arabic insult. Got too much ‘proper’ stuff on my shopping list. Maybe when I’m older and have space. 😀

I think silly little things like that though are cool. They embody who someone is without being pretentious or over though. I like wrestling so why not get a wrestling tattoo. My fella likes gaming so why not get a gaming tattoo.
At the end of the day ink’s used to chronicle your life. Good times. Bad times. Personality. Likes. Dislikes etc. If you’re silly why not have a silly tattoo that represents you? There’s a difference between silly and stupid, don’t get me wrong. I’d never get a Marge Simpson sucking off Homer cos I know how to be silly but why not put a bit of comedy into yourself? I bloody love muscley Patric BTW.

Dice
Participant
@dice

well I’ve always wanted an asshole on my elbow ..lol

Nah i’m good, my tats are art, more of an artist who tats

then a tattooist who arts 🙂

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial
Dice;73912 wrote:
Don’t be silly, and don’t think too much.

It should come to you straight away if you know!!

I like this, this has definitely been true for me. Ideas are always floating in my head, but the tattoos I’ve gone through with have been the ideas that I fall in love with right away. I ponder it for a little while longer, then when I cant stand not having that tattoo, I go in to make an appointment.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I usually have the basic idea in my head right away, but i continually think about the details for many months before i take it to the artist. I personally wouldnt get either of the pics you posted.

AdmiralPercy
Participant
@admiralpercy

Yeah I still have plans for a “Personal Info” Body Tag tat, a New Hampshire themed tat, and a world map on my back, but the above pictured ones were examples of tats I’ve nixed. I still really like them, but know that I’ll regret them when I’m older. Does anyone have stories of tats they wish they’d never gotten (other than someone’s name, those are obvious).

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

That’s it, I’m buying stock in laser tattoo removal equipment

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays
Gsouder;73968 wrote:
That’s it, I’m buying stock in laser tattoo removal equipment

Right there with you, my man.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Wow. Some people are so snobby about tattoos. People with novelty ink don’t always have to regret it. I regret some of my tribal stuff more than my novelties.

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

I’m not sure that the negatively-perceived responses necessarily display snobbery; I think it’s just observational that a great many people go on to have these tattoos covered/lasered. Personally, I like some of the novelty stuff and believe it is, in many cases, more significant than the miami ink-inspired kanji/dragon/koi stuff supposedly dripping in meaning and insight.

Ultimately, it’s about free choice and hoping those choices hold up over time.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Morwin Nerdbane;74034 wrote:
Wow. Some people are so snobby about tattoos. People with novelty ink don’t always have to regret it. I regret some of my tribal stuff more than my novelties.

It’s less snobbery and more common sense. When the op is 45 and explaining his three nippled orangeish brown blob to his kids he’s going to scare them from ever getting tattoos. Also, just for scale, tribal is about the only thing less desirable than strange references to pop culture to me. Both are unimaginative and boring.

This is only my opinion- which is what this forum is about, right? Sharing opinions?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.