xOwnlife1984x
Participant
@xownlife1984x

I have humping bunnies on my left hip (seriously, if you don’t believe me check my album) and three visible tattoos on my arms, soon to be getting a few on my fingers. I just recently turned eighteen, and had three of them prior to my birthday. I have always gotten mixed feedback on them, especially once i got the ones on my arms. I’ve learned to handle this criticism better, but I was wondering how everyone dealt with negative feedback from their tattoos. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

My personal view is “frack them if they can’t take a joke”.

It’s my ink and my body.. everyone else be damned.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
ArniVidar;73440 wrote:
My personal view is “frack them if they can’t take a joke”.

It’s my ink and my body.. everyone else be damned.

Agreed! I will add that I don’t get shitty ink so someone might not like the SUBJECT MATTER but they can’t speak to the quality. I have confidence in my artist and his work, outside of that, like it, hate it, don’t care.

tacha
Participant
@tacha

Yeah, not everyone will like your tattoo’s, just like you don’t like everyone’s outfit or something. The only difference is that when you are tattooed it’s like people feel they have the right to comment on them, even when you didn’t ask their opinions! Very annoying, but we have to deal with it. As long as you’re happy when you look at them, it’s all good.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

After checking out your album I have to say I am a little confused. Are you straight edge? And if so why do you have a tattoo the infers humping like bunnies in a visible place? I’m not being critical here, I’m just curious. Maybe it’s not that you are getting negative feedback on your ink but that you are sending a mixed message to a group of highly vocal somewhat arrogant subculture of kids. Just a thought.

xOwnlife1984x
Participant
@xownlife1984x

My bunnies are on my left hip, you cannot even see them when I have shorts on without me making them visible. And straight edge is at its base form no smoking, drugs, or alcohol. More radical people will prescribe to no promiscuous sex and things like being vegan etc. Yes, I am straight edge. And I’m not trying to be mean with this but I feel that most people who are straight edge are not arrogant in any way. As with all sects of culture there will be those who can distort the image for all those involved, but of the people I know that are straight edge they are some of the most humble people I have ever met. Because they have gone through so much. And just a side thought….I love how the instant you have ink everyone feels that they have the right to give their opinions, no matter what, but if they didnt like anything else about you they probably would never tell you. I always thank people for at least being honest with me though. I would hate for them to tell me they like my ink then turn around and totally bash it.

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

The only negative feedback I really get if from my parents but It doesn’t bother me because I am 28 married and not living under the roof.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

When I looked at your gallery I must admit I was a bit unsure on your tattoos and the direction you are going. Tattoos are individual to the beholder and you will always get people who think they should tell you in person they don’t like tattoos or your tattoos in particular, I say so what fuck them.
I am 27 and married and living in MY own home and my mum called me a knob head for getting a half sleeve. People will always have there opinions just let them have them.;)

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I dont get a lot of people hating on tattoos, im told i look pretty intimidating ๐Ÿ˜€

Those who have told me about their dislike of my tattoos are often genuinely surprised when i tell them i dont give a fuck what they think about them! I mean really, how could i not care what they think?? :rolleyes:

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Never heard of Straight Edge before. Interesting reading, that.

xOwnlife1984x
Participant
@xownlife1984x

Straight Edge is coming into its own again. It was really big in the nineties then it kind of fell out with the rise in drug use, alcohol, and the ever increasing trend of smoking. As a general principal I know that my tattoos don’t have a common theme to them yet, I have designated my entire left leg to all the random shit I want. But the big pieces I do know for sure that I want have a common theme at least to them. I do not want my whole body to be one big piece because my inspiration for my ink comes from all around me and my influences are ever changing, and I allow my ink to reflect that. Generally I do not get negative feedback on the ink I personally have, I usually get it about tattoos in general and that is usually only when I am at work (I work in a department store that caters to the older generation). Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, some opinions just irritate me more than others when voiced ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Where I grew up straight edge meant no sex, no drugs and no booze and the people that were involved were, in my experience, very loud and very aggressive about how righteous they were.

Life is about experience, right? In my experience that’s the way straight edge people act. I look forward to your mature, level headed intelligent point of view to help me change my perceptions.

xOwnlife1984x
Participant
@xownlife1984x

I will never flounce around the fact that I am straight edge in order to make myself seem better than anyone else. And I do hope to change your perceptions on what you once knew, because I hate fitting into stereotypes ๐Ÿ™‚ For 18 I have gone through a lot in my life, a lot that I hope no one else will ever have to and yet I know that every day they do. That is why I try to be open about things in my life, especially things like being straight edge or the fact that I was a cutter, because sometimes all people need is someone else to talk to. Someone that can relate to them and allow them to, for once in their life, not feel alone. That’s at least what I hope to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.