janey
Participant
@janey

Hi guys.

I got this about 10 years ago and I think I’ve lived with it long enough now. As you can see it was badly done – being off centre, patchy and generally all over the place. I liked the design when I had it done but I’ve really fallen out with tribal because of this so ideally i’d like it covered (yes, i know it’s unlikely) or worked into something colourful if it could be saved at all. I like bold designs and I have seen some no line flowers that I really like but I’m open to all ideas. What do you guys think?

By the way it was done at a professional studio and I followed her aftercare advice. I don’t know if she was having a bad day or what – I’m not going back to find out….

janey
Participant
@janey

Photobucket" />

janey
Participant
@janey

FAIL

How do you upload pics? I’ve used the url from pic on flikr and photobucket but no luck – Help!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

hi janey
to upload images from photobucket you need to click on the box below the image and copy the IMG code, then paste it into your posts on here and it will work 😉

july2010098.jpg

janey
Participant
@janey

Forgive me because I’m a total technology moron but how did my pic get on your post? Anyway – no matter. What do you think?

By the way thanks for the heads up – I’ll master this world wide web thing one of these days…

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey Janey

I right clicked on the little image box in your first post and managed to open it 🙂

Obviously ideas depend on what you’re into BUT

you could possibly get the middle bit worked into a rose – adding the red will liven it up a bit, even if the rose has to stay tribal style. They you could get green stems and leaves twining around the tribal?

Unfortunately, you can’t easily cover black – you could always get it lightened with some laser and then work on someone else if you wanted. But I’m sure there’s people on here who could be more inventive at thinking about a cover up?

Poesy

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Tribal plays hell with cover ups. Black ink limits the effectiveness of any color laid on top. A few laser sessions will definitely open the possibilities of what you can do after. Any good artist can re-ink and smooth out your original design work. If you are on a budget, that might be your best option.

janey
Participant
@janey

Thanks guys.
I’d guessed that lazer may be the best route but for some reason I don’t fancy it. Money may also be an issue too as I don’t have thousands to spend.
I like the rose idea but maybe another flower instead – which other flowers work well for cover ups?. Can anyone recommend someone in the Northampton (UK) area who could do this? I haven’t trusted anyone to do any work since this for obvious reasons and I’ve had it for such a long time that now I’ve started to think about getting something that I can be proud of – I can’t wait! Uh oh….I suspect Tattoo fever….

janey
Participant
@janey

Pic seems to have dissappearred so here it is again (hopefully)

http://july2010098.jpg

janey
Participant
@janey

Here’s pic (hopefully)

july2010098.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.