SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

I have recently had a tattoo done over in bognor [ Wildside Tattoo’s] and have also had it touched up, but still there is a little bit im not happy with.
Its not that im not happy with his work, i just don’t want to keep going back..
I am only 18 so i may be paranoied about the tattoo but still.

Would it be over working the tattoo if I had it touched up again in another 4 weeks or am i best to leave it for another year now ?
Any advice would be greatful,

Many thanks 🙂

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

what is it you don’t like about it?

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Well i have two crossed hammers as i am a west ham fan.
And the bit i dont like is on one of the hammer heads, it doest look bad its just the fact i knows it there, where i have had it touched up, the artist has missed a bit and the majority of it looks black but thier is a feint line on the top that i keep looking at that hasnt been coloured in.

To others it is probably not even noticeable and im probably just making it out to be really bad because im pretty sure no tattoo is perfect, its just the fact i know its their, i keep looking at it ?…

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

Don’t be afraid to go back buddy. If it niggles you, go get it sorted otherwise you will never be happy with it.

As long as it is healed up I’d be getting it done ASAP.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

call in to see the artist, show him, and explain exactly what bits your not happy with…… let him know you can call back in about 6 weeks time, this gives the skin time to heal properly 😉

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Thanks for the replies people.

I will take my mind off it for another 5 weeks or so and pop into my loca town to another artist to see what he can do.
Its just this is my first tattoo and obviously i want to be happy with it, but my original touch up has not yet satisfied me so i may try another artist, Right ?

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

You cant necessarily go to another artist to work on someone else’s piece. Generally, most tattoo artists won’t work on another artist’s art unless tatt is finished, the original guy is unreachable or other really special situations. Just a bit of ethics.

But who knows, you might get someone who would work on it for you. First, I’d go back to the original artist and have them work with you on the parts that you want perfected.

If there just isn’t any compromise between you two and you both just can’t see eye to eye on the tatt, then you might have to drop the guy and explain yourself to the next artist that you were really unhappy. Just don’t go dropping the guy’s name out there. You will find that tattoo artists all sort of know each other and it might come back to bite you in the ass.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer
looney bin escapee;71463 wrote:
You cant necessarily go to another artist to work on someone else’s piece. Generally, most tattoo artists won’t work on another artist’s art unless tatt is finished, the original guy is unreachable or other really special situations. Just a bit of ethics.

But who knows, you might get someone who would work on it for you. First, I’d go back to the original artist and have them work with you on the parts that you want perfected.

If there just isn’t any compromise between you two and you both just can’t see eye to eye on the tatt, then you might have to drop the guy and explain yourself to the next artist that you were really unhappy. Just don’t go dropping the guy’s name out there. You will find that tattoo artists all sort of know each other and it might come back to bite you in the ass.

I kinda did think of emailing the original artist and talking to him about it, but im just a bit concerned that he may get annoyed with me keep going back their to have work done.
It generally does need re touching for the thrid time, well just a little part, but im just worried about what i should say to him, i dont want him to think that i think his work is rubbish if you know what i mean ?

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Let it heal completely then go back to the original artist and point out your concerns

Any chance you can post a picture of it on the forum so that we can see what you are talking about?

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
SussexHammer;71467 wrote:
I kinda did think of emailing the original artist and talking to him about it, but im just a bit concerned that he may get annoyed with me keep going back their to have work done.
It generally does need re touching for the thrid time, well just a little part, but im just worried about what i should say to him, i dont want him to think that i think his work is rubbish if you know what i mean ?

Just go. Its your skin that is rocking HIS art.

Also before you get him to work on it, talk about it and have him tell you what he’s going to do to fix it. That way you can sort of dictate if what he’s doing is going to be what you want.

If he doesn’t understand that you want it completely perfect, then 😡 Shit, I don’t know what to tell you if he gets all pissy about it. He should understand that this is your first tatt and you want it completely perfect. If he gives you excuses for the crap he doesn’t want to fix the way you want it, leave.

Sure tattoo artists get annoyed by someone asking them about their work since they’re supposed to be the experts that you’re seeking their professional help from but hey, you have a right to know what the F is going on with it.

Also…… Take him food too. Tattoo artists like getting food. He’ll be more likely to work with you the way you want him to if you bring a little something for him to eat or snack on. Shit, you can call him and tell him you need to come see him for a touch up and ask him what kind of food he likes, you’ll pick up something for him. They’re more receptive. Usually.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer
looney bin escapee;71473 wrote:
Just go. Its your skin that is rocking HIS art.

Also before you get him to work on it, talk about it and have him tell you what he’s going to do to fix it. That way you can sort of dictate if what he’s doing is going to be what you want.

If he doesn’t understand that you want it completely perfect, then 😡 Shit, I don’t know what to tell you if he gets all pissy about it. He should understand that this is your first tatt and you want it completely perfect. If he gives you excuses for the crap he doesn’t want to fix the way you want it, leave.

Sure tattoo artists get annoyed by someone asking them about their work since they’re supposed to be the experts that you’re seeking their professional help from but hey, you have a right to know what the F is going on with it.

Also…… Take him food too. Tattoo artists like getting food. He’ll be more likely to work with you the way you want him to if you bring a little something for him to eat or snack on. Shit, you can call him and tell him you need to come see him for a touch up and ask him what kind of food he likes, you’ll pick up something for him. They’re more receptive. Usually.

I have just emailed him [He always opens his emails], telling him about my concerns and asked if it would be okay to pop into the shop, so if he replies all pissie to the email then i will not even bother going to see him.

Im proud of his work, dont get me wrong but i dont want to live not being happy with my first tattoo, the whole tattoo is only 2 inches wide and 2 inches long to be aproximate and its only about a centermeter that needs colouring in [Pathetic i know].
In the email i stated i was sorry for being a pain and how i loved the tattoo in general so hopefully he understands.

And about the food, il offer him some when i walk into the shop, not that the touch up will take that long but yeah, im not used to all these hour long tattoos so i have never really thought about buying him food but yeah.
This is my first tattoo and my only tattoo right now and untill this is perfected i don’t want to get another one.

If of course he does get pissy, is it right to see another artist about it ?

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
SussexHammer;71477 wrote:
I have just emailed him [He always opens his emails], telling him about my concerns and asked if it would be okay to pop into the shop, so if he replies all pissie to the email then i will not even bother going to see him.

Im proud of his work, dont get me wrong but i dont want to live not being happy with my first tattoo, the whole tattoo is only 2 inches wide and 2 inches long to be aproximate and its only about a centermeter that needs colouring in [Pathetic i know].
In the email i stated i was sorry for being a pain and how i loved the tattoo in general so hopefully he understands.

And about the food, il offer him some when i walk into the shop, not that the touch up will take that long but yeah, im not used to all these hour long tattoos so i have never really thought about buying him food but yeah.
This is my first tattoo and my only tattoo right now and untill this is perfected i don’t want to get another one.

If of course he does get pissy, is it right to see another artist about it ?

If he gets really pissy about it, then I’d find someone else. But that’s if all else fails and he just won’t work with you. Please just make sure you don’t make him feel like you know better than he. Tattoo artists hate that shit.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

But in fairness, she does know better than him whether she’s happy with her own skin or not.She’s not complaining he can’t tattoo, but that there’s an area of skin where the ink hasn’t taken. That’s neither of their fault, but still needs sorting, regardless of knowledge on either side

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
Poesy;71523 wrote:
But in fairness, she does know better than him whether she’s happy with her own skin or not.She’s not complaining he can’t tattoo, but that there’s an area of skin where the ink hasn’t taken. That’s neither of their fault, but still needs sorting, regardless of knowledge on either side

true.
just need to be careful how one handles tattoo artists. thats all I’m getting at.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Yeah, of course 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.