halversr
Participant
@halversr

Hey everyone, im looking to get my first tattoo on my ribs. wondering if that is going to be a good decision or a terrible mistake. the tattoo is a verse, goes like this, ‘Not by might Nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord…

Thanks

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why do you think it would be a mistake?

If you are unsure of whether or not to get tattooed, then yes.. getting tattooed is a terrible mistake.

halversr
Participant
@halversr

no im sure i want to get a tattoo but im wondering if my first one should be on the ribs. heard alot of stories and whatnot.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

It can be a very painful place to get one done especially for your first one. Its a slow process as the artist has to work with your breathing.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

All tattoos hurt. For some people they hurt very little, and for some people they hurt extremely much. The ribs are one of the most painful place to get inked FOR SOME people. For others they barely hurt at all, while other places hurt much much more.

Is getting a tattoo on your ribs a big mistake? Not if you want one there

It’s going to hurt though.. make no mistake about it.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I got my first on my ribs, and it’s fairly big. It hurt but I was able to get through it.

If you want it, it’s not a mistake.
But I feel like a text only Biblical verse might be a waste of such prime real estate though

halversr
Participant
@halversr

alright thanks for all the help guys.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

If it’s your first tat then you will have nothing to compare it to. It won’t hurt any more or less than any of your other tats because you have none. I think it’s a great place to start. I agree with Gnarly, I hope that you have thought out what you want because a lot of people move away from religion as they age because it no longer makes sense, but that’s a whole different conversation.

knarF
Participant
@knarf

As long as you’ve thought it through and know it’s going to hurt quite a bit, then i don’t see why it would be a mistake.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I say just go for it. If you get a tattoo somewhere else on your body first it doesn’t mean it’s going to prepare you any better for your ribs. Plus you will be high on adrenaline and after an hour of tattooing it all starts to feel the same. Maybe they can spray some numbing cream halfway if you just can’t take it.
I say just dive in and do yoga breaths!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.