hid
Participant
@hid

I am 16 years old and i decided to get a tattoo.I want to have it on my left arm under my palm on the veins.Its purpose is quite symbolic and my parents fully agree with that.The tattoo will be quite small around 3 cm size.Because my height is still developing will it be destroyed in some years??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

The tattoo will fade and blur with age and can do so quicker if exposed to sunlight a lot.
Your wrists do not really expand so no probs with stretching there but you have to look at employment issues.

Many employers do not like visible ink.

Also what seems a great idea at 16 may not seem so great in your 20’s and 30’s onwards.

Give it plenty of thought before committing to it.

Take Care
Matthew

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i would seriously recomment waiting until you are older.

also what age are you legally allowed to get a tattoo in your country… here in the UK it is a minimum age of 18

kangarooman
Participant
@kangarooman

I’m pretty sure you’ll have to have you’re parents go with you and approve it since you’re not 18. But anyways if you want it and it means that much to you then go for it! I didn’t get my first tattoo until 19 and I wish I would have started sooner!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

This seems like a bad idea. 16 yr old getting a tattoo in a semi-visible place, you have no idea how much you will change in the next few years or where your life is headed. I strongly recommend waiting until you are at least a legal adult.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Heya hid.

What IS the design you’re getting? You’ve told us the size, that it’s symbolic and that your parents are ok, but nothing about the design. First, this can make a difference as to how likely it is to distort. Secondly, it might make a difference as to how sensible it is to get the tattoo at 16.

From the sounds of it, you would be in the category of people who gets their tattoo for a meaning – is this something that will mean something to you when you’re older? I’d wait a couple of years. I’m 21 and I had my idea for a year before I got mine, allowing for adjustments.

Similarly, I would think very carefully about placement. Mine’s on my foot, and I’m ok for a year because I’m doing another degree, but I will have to be careful when applying for jobs after that. And wrist ones are harder to hide. If you don’t know what you’ll be doing, I’d wait a bit if you want it on your wrist.

Poesy

hid
Participant
@hid

Well first of all thanx for all the replies.
The design will be a red black star.
The reasons for my descision are quite deep and not temporary.
In my country i will need a parental permission for that but my parents fully agreed with my descision after i explained them the reasons so it wont be a problem.
The place of my tattoo has also a symbolic reason and i i quess that it wont be that hard to hide it with a watch in the future.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Out of interest, what is the symbolism? ๐Ÿ™‚

hid
Participant
@hid

I feel more comfortable to answer you that through a pm..:)

lostrocker815
Participant
@lostrocker815

I reckon if you really want it, get it! I’m 16 too and i am going to get a tattoo that has meaning to me. Dont get put off by people saying your too young. Do you mind me asking what the symbol means to you? If you dont want to say thats sweet i’m just curious ๐Ÿ˜€

creativeinky
Participant
@creativeinky

Who are we to tell You not to do that after Your parents agreed. So get it and don’t worry about the future I’m sure there will be plenty of innovations by the time You have the problem of fading away!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.