AmbaLaBamba
Participant
@ambalabamba

I am thinking about getting my first tattoo near the end of the year, but as many new people I am wondering if having a tattoo in the area that I wish to have it will hurt. I am asking those who have tattoos in similar areas whether they faced alot or some pain/discomfort.

The area that I wish to have my tattoo is on my under arm, above my wrist area but below my elbow. The design that I wish to have is simple, the Assassin’s Creed logo in plain black. Here is an example:

assasinscreedtattoo.jpg

Would having a tattoo in this higher location hurt as much as it would around the wrist area, or is it more bareable? Thanks 😀

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Seeing as I have both my arms done I found both areas to be slightly on the more painful side then in the middle of the forearm. I found that when I had the outline done at the beginning of my session wasn’t terrible but when he came back to color a few hours later I was tender and it was a little more painful. Everyones pain threshold is different so all I can say is you’ll get through it.

Cheers
marcus

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Do you think that Altair would be worried about a little pain? If your afraid it will hurt, don’t get a tattoo. Otherwise, man-up and stop being a Nancy-boy.
FYI
You and that other guy with identical tattoos should be very happy together.

Sorry,
I just saw you are not a boy at all Amber. Why on earth would you want the AC logo on yourself. Seems like a tat that only 16 year old boys would want. My advice is to wait on getting a tattoo until your a bit more mature. Think about when your 35 or 40 and explaining this tat to your grandchildren, “thats the Assassins Creed logo Little Johnny. I got this twenty years ago when that game was really cool.”

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

I have to say I agree with the (hopefully) ironically named topdog. I cringe a little bit every time somebody wants a tattoo the pertains to something sickeningly current or ‘trendy’.

I understand that we are always growing/changing/learning and being exposed to things and experiences that affect and influence us. Some opt to effectively ‘plot’ the significant points with commerative tattoos. I suppose you could look back at this tattoo and fondly recall how much this game (I’m trusting the above posters on this as I haven’t heard of this creed business) meant to you. But you will have that logo on your arm forever. Is that game significant enough for you to intelligently make a case for carrying it with you for the rest of your life? The leap from scrawling on a folder or pencil case to staining skin is a massive one.

Most tattoo purists would make an argument for aesthetics being the primary driver, which I think is very sound. So if you just love the logo then go for it. But remember that one day it will be as current as PacMan.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I full coverage in that area, and i for me it only really hurt near the wrist. Not only did it hurt more than most areas of the arm, but it really felt uncomfortable, like the needle was going to peirce the skin and stab my veins! Of course that would never happen with any good artist, but it still felt bad 😮

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383
AmbaLaBamba;70097 wrote:
The design that I wish to have is simple, the Assassin’s Creed logo in plain black.

What is the significance to you? are you an assassin? sniper maybe?

Its pretty funny you want a logo representing something that is about combat and killing and you are asking about how much it hurts. Harden the fuck up.

You sound fairly young. If you really want ink, wait to you find something really meaningful to you or something timeless. Or wait til you are a little more mature before you make decisions that are permanent. Think: “How will i feel about this in 30 years?” Then make your decision.

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

People need to stop criticizing and answer her question if your just going to come in and say the same thing others are saying whats the point in commenting. None of you know her and your not going to influence the final decision she makes. If you want to talk about tattoos you hate go start another thread and rant until your brain explodes.

Cheers
Marcus

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
Mmildf;70191 wrote:
People need to stop criticizing and answer her question if your just going to come in and say the same thing others are saying whats the point in commenting. None of you know her and your not going to influence the final decision she makes. If you want to talk about tattoos you hate go start another thread and rant until your brain explodes.

Cheers
Marcus

Screw you douche! What are you the Thread Jacking Police? The question posted is, by many accounts, stupid. “is it gonna hurt” yea its gonna hurt , its a fuckin tattoo. Will it hurt more than some places and less than others, it all depends on your threshhold of pain. She could have done a search in the forum and got a million threads that all say the same thing. I also believe that we may be able to influance her decision and maybe save her some laser treatment or an expensive cover. Now crawl back under the rock you came from and STFU.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey Amba

I’m afraid I can’t comment a huge amount on the pain as I don’t have one there…but my mine is on the ankle heel which I believe is meant to be similar, and I didn’t find it too bad.

As you posted the picture I’m assuming advice won’t go amiss?

Just from my perspective, if I knew you enough to talk to, I would ask what the design was. If you said assassins creed, I would be wary, even if you said it was a computer game. It seems like an oddly violent image, and ‘creed’ sounds like a deliberate association. People will already (unfairly) be wary of people with visible tattoos – you could make it worse for yourself?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.