maekchu
Participant
@maekchu

I’m getting my first (and hopefully only) tattoo most likely next week.
I’ve been thinking about what I’ve wanted for almost a year now and I am 100% confident this is what I want.

What I am aiming for is having the words of my favorite bible verse
in the shape of a cross (no border lines) on the rib side of my body.

tattoobibleverse.jpg

Anyone have any inputs on font, size, or adding more designs?
I’m more simplistic and clean cut, so nothing too complicated.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

Why your only tattoo?

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92
Rockysmom;69372 wrote:
Why your only tattoo?

Most people get one and end up wanting two. I got two and started a list of things I’m gonna get gradually over time. And a sleeve is in speculation I might add.
EDIT: Its not what we think, its what YOU think. If youve wanted it this long, chances are youre gonna get it and like it no matter what.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey 🙂

I think it would work better as a back tattoo – it’s going to get awfully cramped on your arm!

Poesy

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

I truly hope you have alot of space for this many words. Over time the words will blend and bleed if they are too small.

I also hope you have an excellent artist that can pull this off. PLease Please Please get an artist that is real good at words. You will thank me later.

Honestly I think better stories can be told with images. Nobody is going to take the time to try and read your tattoo. Boring, but an image will tell a better story. I would look at your tattoo and just laugh, I don’t have the patience to read or ask you what it means. An image would speak volumes to me though. Interpretation is in the eye of the viewer.

Please rethink this.

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92
KJD2121;69454 wrote:
I truly hope you have alot of space for this many words. Over time the words will blend and bleed if they are too small.

I also hope you have an excellent artist that can pull this off. PLease Please Please get an artist that is real good at words. You will thank me later.

Honestly I think better stories can be told with images. Nobody is going to take the time to try and read your tattoo. Boring, but an image will tell a better story. I would look at your tattoo and just laugh, I don’t have the patience to read or ask you what it means. An image would speak volumes to me though. Interpretation is in the eye of the viewer.

Please rethink this.

You know, I kinda thought that too. Its all dependant on the person too. I think its “lil wanye”, some rap artist anyway, hes like COVERED in words. Pulls it off I guess. I get stuck on words too, but I kinda play with designs on them.

maekchu
Participant
@maekchu

Thank you all for the replies ! I truly appreciate all of your insights.

I have actually shortened the paragraph and removed that last few verses because it simply is way too long and unnecessary. The reason why I want this tattoo is because it’s something I want to live by, not simply for looks and “hey (lifts up shirt), look at my new tat.” Of course I have nothing against people who do that or for the designs, but personally this is what I want. I’m just not familiar with tattoos and don’t want all these words to look awkward or something I will /faceslap *DOH*.

I’ll be looking into a few places and hopefully find an artist that is neat and is comfortable writing this much. I live close by in New York city, so I’m sure it won’t be so difficult.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Um…I LOVE word tattoos. I agree that you need to make the words big enough, but in no way are they boring. You’d probably spot me craning my neck to try and read your skin. I’m not a fan of Japanese themes tattoos – but I wouldnt tell someone not to get one because I don’t like them myself.

It’s a matter of opinion and personal taste. I personally chose to incorporate my word into an image, but I have seen so many beautiful text tattoos. Besides, you’re combining words with an image already.

By all means consider how well the design will translate on to your skin. But don’t let other people’s taste put you off something you want.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

That’s a lot of text.

Be sure it get it nice and straight. And big enough. Definitely find someone capable of the task.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

not a fan of text tattoos, but its your body so who gives a shit what i think?

and also agree that this needs to be BIG or else the text will become a muddy mess over time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.