xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

there was an interesting piece in the news tonight…

it says more and more Singaporeans are going for tattoo removal. what caught my ear is that they mentioned that the youngest among those having their tattooes removed was 11 yrs. old…

made me realize that in fact there is no age restriction in Singapore to get inked…

for a country so known for being strict and conservative, this looks to be one big hole… but then again tattooing is and i guess never was popular so any regulation is/wasn’t needed…

thoughts? what is the right age really for someone to be able to decide correctly?

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

The reason I support the inking age is because you need to let bone fully develope before getting a tat. If you get one too young it will stretch as your body develops. I think over 16 with parental consent or 18 without.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
xxTOPDOGxx;68354 wrote:
The reason I support the inking age is because you need to let bone fully develope before getting a tat. If you get one too young it will stretch as your body develops. I think over 16 with parental consent or 18 without.

my thoughts on it as well. even 16 can be a bit young, as kids will fill in a bit more from 16 to 20. i know i certainly did!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Maybe I am a bit jaded due to the day job but I think the age should be at least 21.

All day I am working with stupid, spur of the moment, I am 18 years old and I know it all, tattoo mistakes.
Its difficult because for those of us older peeps with tattoos we will never know how different our lives may have been without them. Who knows really what affect a tattoo has had on thier lives and how much they have adapted because of them?

Like I said I may be bias but thats my 2c

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I am in agreement personally I would say 21. Gives you time to develop your tastes.

I was in a tattoo studio yesterday and a lad walked in who was covered in really bad ink all over his arms and neck.

Said he got them at 17 and was looking for cover up work.

Take Care
Matthew

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I think the age should be 18; once you’re legally an adult you should be allowed such decisions.

Though, I waited until 21 to get my first, and I’m glad I held off until I really knew what I wanted.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

18 is perfectly fine, you can get all sorts of invasive plastic surgery once you turn 18, so just because this type of “surgery” is more visable why would you make a special rule for tattoo’s. I would have been slightly frustrated if i couldn’t get either of mine just because i wasnt 21, yet i could go get a nosejob or something stupid. 18 age restriction is more to protect kids from their body changing what they got, 21 would be protecting them from their own stupidity.

I didnt really wait until i was almost 20 to get one, i just knew i wanted one and waited until i knew exactly what i wanted and the style. That took over a year, so i think the 16-18 with parental consent should be removed. you dont really need them to live so i think you can wait 2 whole years for something that will last forever. Because i am currently in college for a business/ marketing degree i know i will have to keep everything i get in places where i can hide them. i don’t want to ruin any future jobs because of my ink showing.

tattoomd
Participant
@tattoomd

I agree with Mr. Sultan. If you’re legally an adult at age 18, then you should be able to consent for anything legal for adults at that age. It’s really said how many kids I see tatted-out with all sorts of stupid and random gang tattoos. Good luck getting off welfare! It won’t be easy… As for tattoo removal, the same rule should apply as with any medical treatment. You need parental consent for elective treatment unless you are of legal age.

JRH
Participant
@jrh

16 parent consent and 18 without.

same as some uk states really.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

JRH there are no states in the UK?
Could I ask if you opinion is coloured in any way by the fact that you are underage? I am asuming you are underage as the two posts you have made today are both regarding the age of consent and one of them is pro lowering the age?

JRH
Participant
@jrh

I meant same as some US stats lmao.

I don’t mind the age and yes i am 16, i can wait 2 years not a problem and would much rather wait to get it professionally done but if some of the US states can get it done at 16 then it must not be much of a problem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.