leemole
Participant
@leemole

Hi all :p

Im thinking of getting my first tattoo on my upper arm but on go on holiday in 6 weeks to eygpt and it 45C so chance of sunburn is pretty high. Would my tattoo be healed up and would the intense sun fade it pretty bad ?
the design is below and hope you guys like it.:cool:

leemole
Participant
@leemole

tattoo4.jpg

i modded a design on another forum but im open to suggestions to improve it, it will be 4″ wide and mid bicep 🙂
(i know the curves need smothing but its hard with a trackpad lol )

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Depending on when you get the tattoo and go on holiday, the sun can have bad effects on your tattoo. If you got the tattoo then next day sit out in 45C the sun will severly slow down or even stop the healing process. If you let it get sunburnt then you’ve ruined the tattoo. Simple solution is just cover it up when you go outside.

leemole
Participant
@leemole
The Mighty Ming;67690 wrote:
Depending on when you get the tattoo and go on holiday, the sun can have bad effects on your tattoo. If you got the tattoo then next day sit out in 45C the sun will severly slow down or even stop the healing process. If you let it get sunburnt then you’ve ruined the tattoo. Simple solution is just cover it up when you go outside.

cheers for the reply, well im goin on the 30th june and was goin to get it done either this weekend or asap

Or should i just wait ??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is a nice design but if you are going somewhere hot I would recommend waiting until after the holiday.
The surface will heal within 2 weeks usually but beneath the skin takes 6-8 weeks to fully heal.

Tattoos and sunlight do not go well together especially high uv/ub rays like you get in Egypt ( I spent some time there it is great – recommend Giza if you get chance).

I would recommend waiting until you get back from the holiday.

Take Care
Matthew

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Is it a twist on the eye of horus? IF so I would definitely wait.. who knows how Egyptians will take that if there see it.

It looks like a bird, too. Either way it’s pretty cool. I agree on waiting though.

leemole
Participant
@leemole

cheers guys, looks like i will leave it for a few weeks 😡
it is a twist of eye of horus but more tribal, below is the original i modded but im still open to suggestions to improve mine 😀

original
tatt2.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

even though its an Egyptian design it would not offend anyone :rolleyes:
they country is 90% muslim and no one believes in that stuff there anymore

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.