wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

The only part that bugs me about tattoos is the itching period. (and don’t tell me to take benadryl it doesnt work on me). I got my new tat about 5 1/2 days ago and it’s in the itching phase. Trust me I know not to scratch and I won’t. I managed not to the first time I won’t this time either. I do slap at it though. So itchy!! The pain doesnt bug me the itching afterwards does lol. ๐Ÿ˜€

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

I know exactly what u mean haha it sucks. Right after the tattoo session is over the first thing I think about is in a few days how bad the itching is going to be haha. But honestly it just make me feel more accomplished when it’s all healed, if that makes any sense. And you can always try putting a bag of ice on your new tattoo.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I use a rubber spatula and smack it when it starts itching. It sounds weird but it works well and doesn’t seem to mess with the tat.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
Gsouder;66879 wrote:
I use a rubber spatula and smack it when it starts itching. It sounds weird but it works well and doesn’t seem to mess with the tat.

Rubber! I knew there was something about you!! LOL!!!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Hot towel press, works for me.

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

LMAO Gsouder!!! I have all sorts of images flashing before my eyes!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
DizziDip;67167 wrote:
LMAO Gsouder!!! I have all sorts of images flashing before my eyes!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Don’t talk about ‘flashing’, you’ll get him all excited!LOL

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

man, the annoying and uncomfortable bullshit we put up with for our art…. ๐Ÿ˜€

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Yea. its been 10 days now and it’s quit itching ๐Ÿ˜€ In fact i went back to the place cuz it’s kinda uneven (the dude in their at the time said that happens alot with red ink and where mine is pure red..because of the whole bleeding thing) and the guy that did it wasnt there at the time but he said to come back next week when it’s had more time to heal (and for 9 days…this was yesterday…that it was healing fast too…Oo i normally heal slowly but hey whatever. the faster the better I guess. maybe because its small or the shoulder idk. It’s already finished peeling, and stopped itching). Anyway he said it should only take like 10 minutes to touch it up and all should be good ๐Ÿ˜€

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
vizzielover;67177 wrote:
Don’t talk about ‘flashing’, you’ll get him all excited!LOL

Flashing or itching my new ass tattoo by smacking it with a spatula in public

tomato or tomoto

wickedjr89;67177 wrote:
Yea. its been 10 days now and it’s quit itching In fact i went back to the place cuz it’s kinda uneven (the dude in their at the time said that happens alot with red ink and where mine is pure red..because of the whole bleeding thing) and the guy that did it wasnt there at the time but he said to come back next week when it’s had more time to heal (and for 9 days…this was yesterday…that it was healing fast too…Oo i normally heal slowly but hey whatever. the faster the better I guess. maybe because its small or the shoulder idk. It’s already finished peeling, and stopped itching). Anyway he said it should only take like 10 minutes to touch it up and all should be good

wickedjr89;67177 wrote:
Can you/did you put a photo up yet? I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an all red tattoo. I’ve heard that reds are a pain to heal and set and you have to be careful with them because they fade fast. That said, it’s cool that he’s willing to retouch it up for you…. Keep us updated!
X-pressive
Participant
@x-pressive

Hilarious…..LMFAO :D:D

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Yea I will. It’s healing fine I think and he said it’s doing good. I do have a pic up but only one so far is the one i took the day i got it done. the pic is when it’s only about an hour old and i got april 25th…i’ll get another pic up there eventually. I’ll letcha know how the touching up goes next week! its a bit uneven…hence why the touching up is needed. some parts are lighter than the rest but they guy said it’s healing real fast and good ๐Ÿ˜€ and a little touch up should fix the unevenness.

Hey Lady
Participant
@hey-lady

You know what one time after getting some ink my arm was itching sooooooo bad, and I was putting some Bactine on my grand baby’s cut and I said what the hell I’ll try it on my itchy arm and guess what it worked
the itching went away. Give it a try next time ๐Ÿ˜€

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I got it touched up 4 days ago (tuesday) and its peeling again. It’s nice that the touch ups are free ๐Ÿ˜€ I guess it should be fine once its fully healed and i will take a pic then and post it ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

For some reason I have not had a tattoo itch in a long long time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.