SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Hey everyone,

I have had my tattoo for 2 weeks now and I was recently advised on here by someone to wash my tattoo 3 times a day with antibacterial soap, now i have been doing that and my tattoo still looks like it is peeling and possibly a bit dry!
How long should i be washing it with the soap for and do i need to be putting cream on it ?

Any help will be much apreciated 🙂

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

It will still be peeling, but you can probably stop with 3x per day thing. Should be healed for the most part.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

you should have been putting on a light coat of fragrance free lotion (ie lubiderm) 2x day after you wash as well…

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

The only cream i have is Bepanthem or savalon, but i stopped that after about 10 days and just washed it, shall i stop with it all now, baring in mind its been 2 weeks!

Please help!

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

You need to put fragrance free lotion on it 2 or 3 times a day and after you wash it until it stops peeling. It won’t stop peeling until about 3 weeks or so after you get the tattoo done

Mike Ashworth
Participant
@mike-ashworth

I would have suggested Aquaphor. 1-2 times a day for the first few days and then swith to lotion like lubriderm. What kind of soap are you using to wash it with? Some bar soaps cause dryness. Dial works well.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer
Mike Ashworth;69608 wrote:
I would have suggested Aquaphor. 1-2 times a day for the first few days and then swith to lotion like lubriderm. What kind of soap are you using to wash it with? Some bar soaps cause dryness. Dial works well.

I am just using anti bacterial handwash as advised by someone on here, however i have stopped that since yesterday and i am not putting cream on it.
Shouldt i still be washing it, and would it harm it to put savalon or aqueous cream on the tattoo, or shoudl i stopped all together ?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

yes you should still wash your ink 2x a day with antibacterial soap like dial or just use ivory. and yes you should still be applying fragrance free lotion or shea butter on it after you wash.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.