banned
@

what does this tatt mean to you? what do you think this is the person saying with it?….what message does it give you?

discuss –

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

to me it says

“i want a tattoo – hmmm have you got a book with flash in?

something with a pentagram… ah yes that will do ill have that one please.”

looks like a flash piece to me anyway.

other than that it say nothing.

just cheap and cheerful

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Witch craft member’s tattoo? =]

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

it says to me that there is no imagination in the piece and also it says that they should have gone to a shop or somebody that knows more about good designs, the cross and pentagram normally are associated with witchcraft and death…

but seriously, they should have gone to a shop or at least someone who knows what they are doing, the execution of that piece is god dam aweful.. the cross dont even match up, it has blow outs and inconsistant lines, let alone the wobbles… i hope they didnt pay to have that done !!

Demure
Participant
@demure

In the words of a toddler…

POOPY!

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Its not my bag, and it looks wobbly and uneven.

Hopefully its a pen drawing and not a real tattoo!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well looking at it carefully it would seem that the inspiration was taken from the idea of the Hermetic Rose Cross from the Order Of The Golden Dawn. That said it would most likely be stated that this is a thelmetic interpretation of Alistair’s Crowley’s magic rituals which many believe was linked to black magic and witchcraft.

The use of the broken or defiled cross (hence the pentagram and the dodgy attempts at occultist symbols on the arms or is it an ‘S’ for Satan?) would suggest that this has Satanistic leanings as opposed to the Druidic/Wicca/Pagan rituals that would involve the use of a pentagram.

The rose has often been used in many rituals as a symbol of binding, power, lust, or life. This could be interpreted as bringing Satan to life.

The three drops of blood well in all religions blood = life.

There is much debate about what each drop represents but in general they can mean domination of (or giving of yourself to Satan) Mind, Body, Soul.

So yep it seems to me that they have gone for the ‘dark gothic’ style of ink.

Sad to say this but that is one awful tattoo – it had so much potential but the linework is terrible.

Take Care
Matthew

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i just see a lame idea that was very poorly executed.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

wow, I really hope this wasn’t one of those “I think I got a shitty tattoo so I’ll test the waters before I claim it on my body” type posts. If it is you, go back to an artist, preferably in a shop this time, and get it redone.

Bender
Participant
@bender

I have to agree with Turbosatan – looks straight out of a flash book to me, and the line work sucks. As for the meaning – a Cross with a pentagram? – “Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot” comes to mind.

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

I guess it would depend on what the symbols mean to the person who has the tattoo. You have a Cross made out of the blades of a sword, a red rose wrapped around it then a pentagram in the middle. To me a red rose represents love. When I see a cross I think of religion and limitation. The pentagram can have many different meanings depending on who you ask. Those symbols can mean something completely different to someone else.

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

“I was feeling rebellious as a teen in a drug induced haze and now I’m having to live with the results because I can’t afford laser removal”

Demure
Participant
@demure
Gsouder;66195 wrote:
wow, I really hope this wasn’t one of those “I think I got a shitty tattoo so I’ll test the waters before I claim it on my body” type posts. If it is you, go back to an artist, preferably in a shop this time, and get it redone.

ROFL that’s exactly what I was thinking I just didn’t want to type it out. You’re my hero.

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Well if the person it’s on is happy, who cares. But to answer the question….

looks like someone walked into Hot Topic, saw a sticker that they liked, and got it as a tattoo.

methree
@

It is amazing what people will say about themselves.

This says, “Love, I will not forget you. They can beat me till I am black and blue but I will not leave without you. It matters not, what they say nor what silence does not say, for with this bruise I bare my soul; with these thorns, I find peace within my pain, and calmness within my confusion; and with these tears of my anger, I grow; as I am; as only you know. I protect what simple perfection is within my heart, within us all. My faith in you is not a word, nor an image but the trust and truth that you are, for you are more then an image of myself, and I am nothing without the all that you comprise. Take this piece for the whole, for I give this rose to the sky as I live, and to the ground when this body dies; our love is not forsaken, neither are you, and neither am I. Simple. As all the fish in the sea, and all the stars in the sky.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.