kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8

Hey everyone its my first day on the forum so hi, I came on this form because im thinking about getting a nice forearm peice. It will have alot of detail, be only black ink and should take up most of my forearm Im still very decisive and its going to take alot of thinking. Im more scared of the fact that i will end up regreting i in a couple of years just incase i get some sort of job to where i cant have it. I have one tattoo already its an Ambigram in my right tricep and i love it. Can all you tattoo enthusiasts give me some of your own opinions, Thanks for the help. Im sorry you alll must get these questions alot

I was thinking of getting a haunted farm theme, it would have a old rikity fence with the crops in the back, evil scarecrow, jackolanterns, skeltons in an old broken down tractor and other things im still scouting it out.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Sounds to me like a wicked idea.

You’d probably have to make it at least a half sleeve, though…to fit all of that in as big as it should be.

And as far a potential jobs…
You know, people judge you by your ink: but you can always wear full sleeved shirts.

I heard a story about a girl who was told by a co-worker that he appreciates how conservative she is. He said there weren’t many women like that around anymore.
The next day he saw her out of the work environment with full leg-sleeves.

My point is…if you’re willing to ALWAYS wear long sleeves…not a single soul will know.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

The idea sounds awesome dude, kinda reminds me a bit of my girlfriend’s (Daisy De La Hoya) sleeve.

Personally I would love a sleeve like that too except have a haunted mansion piece – dracula, frankenstein, werewolves, the whole gang in there. You gotta find an artist who would will do it justice though.

I wear long sleeves for my job, and had a job interview the other day where visible tattoos would be a no-no.
Jubakuba’s last sentence is spot on.

kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8

Thanks guys i like the idea also. I really thinks its horse shit how people discriminate but i guess that just how people are. I was going to make it a half sleeve if i did it, You think that would be a good idea for a rib tattoo instead of the forearm?

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I like your idea alot.

My boyfriend got a 1/4 sleeve and no one thought he was the type to get a tattoo. Because it was well done even people who don’t like tattoos think it’s pretty awesome. It changed some people’s prejudices since they thought only ‘certain’ types of people get tattoos.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

I personally don’t think a forerm, full sleeve or neck tattoos is a good idea for a first timer.Having one thats always visible can be a big deal. Most people start out small or in a less noticable place that clothing will cover. If sounds like your already kind of unsure if you’ll even like it sometime down the road…But my brothers first tattoo was a 3/4 sleeve. Just make sure you know what you want and prepare to being judged when looking for a job in the future.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
kennyx8;64797 wrote:
Hey everyone its my first day on the forum so hi, I came on this form because im thinking about getting a nice forearm peice. It will have alot of detail, be only black ink and should take up most of my forearm Im still very decisive and its going to take alot of thinking. Im more scared of the fact that i will end up regreting i in a couple of years just incase i get some sort of job to where i cant have it. I have one tattoo already its an Ambigram in my right tricep and i love it. Can all you tattoo enthusiasts give me some of your own opinions, Thanks for the help. Im sorry you alll must get these questions alot

I was thinking of getting a haunted farm theme, it would have a old rikity fence with the crops in the back, evil scarecrow, jackolanterns, skeltons in an old broken down tractor and other things im still scouting it out.

Bdubbs;64870 wrote:
I personally don’t think a forerm, full sleeve or neck tattoos is a good idea for a first timer.

haha, read more carefully bdubbd…. its the first post on the forum, but not the first tattoo.

kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8
Bdubbs;64870 wrote:
I personally don’t think a forerm, full sleeve or neck tattoos is a good idea for a first timer.Having one thats always visible can be a big deal. Most people start out small or in a less noticable place that clothing will cover. If sounds like your already kind of unsure if you’ll even like it sometime down the road…But my brothers first tattoo was a 3/4 sleeve. Just make sure you know what you want and prepare to being judged when looking for a job in the future.

Yeah i have an Ambigram on my right tricep thats visable when i wear a t-shirt

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
kennyx8;64882 wrote:
Yeah i have an Ambigram on my right tricep thats visable when i wear a t-shirt

My bad…I’m good at skimming through stuff as it goes to show. Just make sure your fully ready to get a totally visible one!

kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8

Im still debateing on getting it on my ribs or forearm, Im thinking maybe it would look a little better on my ribs since it will probably be sort of big. I just know its going to hurt like a bitch there lol. I cant wait to show you guys once its all drawn up. What are you guys expert opinions?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

If you go on the ribs, you’ll be able to cover it a lot better, but you’d have to make it huge to look real good. To make it look real badass, you’d probably have to start from below the hip and go right up to the armpit, being quite wide too.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

In my experience, any job that will judge you on your appearance will either 1)be totally ok and may even praise you for your dedication to always dressing better than you co-workers when you always wear a long sleeved collared shirt or b) You can find the same job some where else where they don’t care.

Just my .02

Oh, and the idea sounds amazing!

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

It sounds like a really cool idea. How would you fit it all on your forearm though? Unless you have a HUGE forearm…
Personally, I think it would look best on the ribs. You can make it big and have a lot more detail. AND you wouldn’t have to worry at all about people seeing it at work. But yes, rib tattoos do hurt quite bad….but in my opinion, they’re not as bad as everyone says they are.

kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8

Haha thanks everyone, Im actually a skinny dude lol i figured i would just fit what i could on my forearm but still make it look as cool as possible then in the future if i wanted to make it a full sleeve i would make the upper arm the sky and add some cool shit as well. My friends forearm is a underwater theme with treasure chest, pirate skulls, sharks, etc. and his upper arm is the top of the water with pirate ships and such. It looks pretty sick but thanks to everyones help i think i will stick with the ribs. My origanal idea for the ribs was to get a st. michael the archangel tat i think i mite like this one a little better

kennyx8
Participant
@kennyx8
Gsouder;64899 wrote:
In my experience, any job that will judge you on your appearance will either 1)be totally ok and may even praise you for your dedication to always dressing better than you co-workers when you always wear a long sleeved collared shirt or b) You can find the same job some where else where they don’t care.

Just my .02

Oh, and the idea sounds amazing!

Thats true lol. Thanks for supporting my idea=)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.