fryc86
Participant
@fryc86

think I might be messing it up already… I know I can get touch-ups but this doesn’t seem normal. I was told just to wash it with antibacterial soap (no washcloth, just fingers) and let air dry or pat with paper towel.

They didn’t recommend a&d ointment.

Then I could put on a little bit of lotion (cetaphil) a couple times a day to keep it from overdrying. I don’t know if I started putting lotion on too soon or what, but now its breaking out in random places where it wasn’t before. I knew my skin wasn’t that good to start with, but wasn’t expecting this. I seemed to be doing okay with just soap and clean water, but this was right directly after the 3rd time of applying the cetaphil. Compare to first pic that I posted:

messedup.jpg

fryc86
Participant
@fryc86

This is what it looked like when I got home and cleaned it up. So not sure what happened. Also, I had put on a little bit of sunscreen earlier that day, over it. Don’t know if that would’ve done anything.

2010-03-13-012350.jpg

Windexx
Participant
@windexx

The only thing that I have heard about putting on tattoos is A&D ointment. It worked perfect with mine and I had no problems with it. I also have this completly unscented, no dye lotion that a dermotolgist told me to get because of how sensative my skin is. I cannot remember what it’s called right now but if you call a dermotoligist, I’m sure they can give you the name of it. You don’t need a perscription for it. But that lotion also worked wonders on it as well. Kept it all nice and moist. And even over a year later the colors are still just as vibrant as the day I got it done.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

it sounds to me like a reaction to the cream for certain, try changing to either savlon or bepanthen, was it pat it dry then apply small amount and gently rub in about 4 times a day for 4 days until starts scabbing, then just use a none scented body lotion and all should be done after 10 days

there are a few creams you can use such as
bepanthen
savlon
A&D
tattoo goo
after inked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.