miamigirl
@

Hi there, I have been looking to get a straight arm band on my upper arm but my tattoo artist made attempts with the transfer but said its not possible to have a tattoo with straight lines as it would look wonky cause my arm isnt a perfect circle.

I don’t really understand how my arm is that different than others who havemanaged to have a straight lined tattoo arm band, I can understand it’s a matter of what looks best but there must be some way it can be done :S
can anyone help?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i dont know, because your artist seems to have the right idea. are you just looking for a black circle around your arm? because that idea seems a bit lame all together… but if your looking for some sort of design, the lines gotta be something other than straight. it’d look bad on any arm, not just yours. it would be stretched out in some places, and not as much in others… you see what im sayin? wouldnt look so good.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

get a friend to help you out…. take a strip of paper with a straight edge that is long enough to wrap around your arm and overlap itself, now stand up straight and get your friend to wrap it around so that the overlapped edges match up perfectly….. now with a pen get them to draw around your arm using the papers edge as a ruler.

when you remove the paper afterwards you will see what your artist means, and every time your arm moves then so will that straight line, and it will look distorted

trust what your artist told you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Outlaw;63469 wrote:
get a friend to help you out…. take a strip of paper with a straight edge that is long enough to wrap around your arm and overlap itself, now stand up straight and get your friend to wrap it around so that the overlapped edges match up perfectly….. now with a pen get them to draw around your arm using the papers edge as a ruler.

when you remove the paper afterwards you will see what your artist means, and every time your arm moves then so will that straight line, and it will look distorted

thats a much better way to explain it than what i was trying to say haha

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The above are correct the armbands you see are not perfectly straight it is usually an optical illusion from a distance that our eyes fill in the errors because we know it is meant to wrap around. What we see and what we interpret are different things and it will alter when you get close up and really look.

You can have an armband no problem but there will always be some distortion if you intend to go all the way around the arm rather than just the outer edge.

Your muscles are going to later the shape slightly – prob not to a massive degree but enough so it will not be a perfect circle.

Take Care
Matthew

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I remember the design I brought to my artist had perfect straight lines that would wrap around my forearm, he told me if wouldn’t work because of the same reasons you gave, OP. It’s not just you it’s everyone. Most armbands you see on people are like barb wire or tribal stuff which you can get away with.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Outlaw;63469 wrote:

That or put a rubber band on the arm and trace a line around it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.