sandcracker21
Participant
@sandcracker21

I have an appointment to begin a large tattoo on my rib cage / side area…but i think i may have a problem.

I am starting a physical training camp 3 days after the first appointment (outline) and the first day i will be required to do situps and a jog and it is VERY important that i do a minimum of both!

will it be too painful to do situps after a fresh tattoo on my ribs? or will 60 seconds of sits up and a 15 minute jog not be that big of a deal?? should i put this tattoo off until the training is over?? its 3 months i dont want to wait!

thanks for the advice!

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

The pain won’t be what will stop you…but it is bad on your ink if you are sweating a profuse amount.

Carry some water with you and spray your tattoo down fairly often to remove the salty sweat.

noravel
Participant
@noravel

I agree about the sweat! I got a rib piece last summer and it did hurt to twist to the side or do anything that scrunched the skin on my very much.. but only for a day or so.

l_b4188c7fcee34a3c9fe7692bdc479975.jpg

it only hurt for about a day after I got it done. good luck, just make sure to keep your tattoo clean!

olethalake75
Participant
@olethalake75

for me there wasnt any pain…just irritation from clothing rubbing against my skin and drying out my tattoo.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

the sweat isnt good for it and niether is putting water on it quite often

if it gets wet and stays moist from the water for a prolonged time then the scabs could easily be ripped off, this is the last thing you want to happen…. in my eyes i would suggest waiting until the training is over, you have the rest of your life to get a piece of ink, your training is obviously important to you at this time in your life…..

my advice is … just wait 😉

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

that doesn’t sound like too much exercise. i’d wear one of those breathable shirts that keeps sweat off you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.