ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I’m white, very white, but i speak fluent spanish, and was raised with black kids, so i think i’m black. My next tattoo is going to say “I’m Black”, on my outer left forearm. I think it will be awesome. =)

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Wow thats quite the statement. I’m sure sometime down the road you’ll get some heat for it from other races. You know the usual wannabee, or you wish you were black. Probably get some heat from white people as well. Be hey its your skin.

Why not just tattoo your whole body black?

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

That’s definately different. I like the idea of celebrating the diverse influences in your life. I think I would do it with something a bit more serious myself, but that’s just me.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Personally I would go with something that represents a positive aspect or influence in black culture.

In all seriousness if a white guy wanders around with that statement to the outsider it may read as ‘I’m taking the piss’ – even if you are not it is a perception thing.

For example I am a Jew I speak hebrew, my wife is Israeli, her family are all Indian Jews.

The difference is I have tattoos and if I was to get ‘I’m a Jew’ tattoo the grief from this would be endless from within the ranks and from gentiles alike. They know that from my cultural perspective what I align with and culture and skin colour are separate things – culture does not care about what your colour is you share far too many other roots.

There is nothing wrong with the statements but ppl will always add the negative sadly it is the way we are as a species.

Take Care
Matthew

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

well answered as allways….. 😉

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sorry but thats just going to get you in a ton of trouble from all sides :rolleyes:

if i was black and seen some random cracker wondering around with that tattoo i would be offended.
you can’t just say you feel black because you like the music and have black friends ..
and if you are spotted by racists they will prob give you a shoeing for it.

think about it more and get a smarter tattoo that has the deep meaning and cultural feeling to it that you are wanting to express

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

you guys are all from the UK! =). I think i’ll get very odd looks with it if i get it.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
ryannnnn;62661 wrote:
you guys are all from the UK! =). I think i’ll get very odd looks with it if i get it.

Not all of us buddy! Your black friends may think its cool and they may not. But sooner or later in life you’ll be confronted by whites and blacks, and it may not be good either. Just stating my opinion. I agree with what others said. A deeper meaning within culture of some sort. GL.

Smutly
Participant
@smutly
ryannnnn;62661 wrote:

Just for my 10 cents worth, I can’t see it going over well in Australia either.
All these comments seem to be aimed at ‘your best interest’ – give it some more thought would be my suggestion.
Smutly

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

You know how when you say something blasphemous, people will edge away from you just in case some pissed off deity decides to toss a lightning bolt at your flippant ass?

I say get it.

Just don’t expect me to stand next to you while you’re in the hood my man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I am from the USA and you would get alot of heat from black people here. Why not get something that represents black culture instead of that statement.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

*sighs*

You do realize just how disrespectful that tattoo would be, right? News flash buddy: growing up in the hood, wearing FuBu, and listening to Jay Z doesn’t make you black. You’re not subject to the institutional discrimination African Americans are subject to. You, instead, have all the benefits being white and male and presumably Christian have in our culture, and trying to identify as a discriminated group while you are manifestly part of the privileged majority is seriously fucking dick dude.

You roll into a town in Alabama, you don’t have to worry about random violence. If you’re convicted of murder, you’re far, far, FAR less likely to end up on death row than an African American man. If you drive through Cincinnati’s African American ghetto, the Over the Rhine area, in a seriously nice car, the police aren’t going to make an excuse to pull your over just in case, and they’re less likely to shoot you down for no reason. If you and an African American man with the same qualifications hold the same job, statically speaking, you are more likely to make significantly more money than your African American co-worker.

Liking the superficial trappings of stereotypical “black” culture, that was mostly invented as and for marketing campaigns, doesn’t make you black. It makes you fond of a certain style.

Confusing the two is idiotic, and a serious dick slap in the face of every African American you come in contact with.

And that’s why all the heat and beatings you’d catch for that ink would be totally, 100% justified.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

god damn knight hawk!!!!!!!

I thought if i was ever in a sticky situation because of the ink, I could say my grandma was black and she raised me?

did that at least make you smile man?!

=D! ?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

erm hello was your gran black and raised you ??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.