Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Ok

Facial tattooing. I am currently writing a piece on it but unless you have facial tattoos for religious or cultural reasons like say Samoan/Polynesian where it is more acceptable the majority of employers are not going to employ a person with a cobweb or spider tattoo on their face.

This is because it would scare the living shit out of most customers. Regardless of how nice a person you are.

I am a largish bloke and I think i look like a teddy bear but my manager told me that when he saw me in a vest with a lot of tattoo ink (in his opinion not mine), scars and flashing some gold teeth when I smile it intimidated him purely on my surface appearance. He said it would scare the shit of our clients and so I have to really cover up.

The same goes for ppl with that sort of facial tattoo – cobwebs is intimidating and on the face doubly so because it is so extreme (even amongst a lot of tattoo enthusiasts).

Cobwebs are not like cute little stars they look like you have done some hard time or at least like to shock ppl.

As already said it would seriously limit your career prospects with that sort of tattooing.

That said if you want to do it you will do it.

Take Care
Matthew

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

As I said I had my d.o.b done on saturday… how long does it take for the scab to fall off?

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming
tattoofan91;62819 wrote:
As I said I had my d.o.b done on saturday… how long does it take for the scab to fall off?

Roughly 2 weeks or so. Anything else you want to know that can be easily found out by searching?

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Cmon guys Mike Tyson has a facial tattoo! Oh and that looks lame too!

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

Instead of making new topic let me just ask on this one…

how soon can you go after having one tattoo to get another? can you just go to the next say? or will that be to much shock?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It depends on your own personal pain tolerance my man, and where you want to get the 2nd piece of ink. If it’s in the same general area, 2 weeks. However, if it’s on a completely different body part, you can go the very next day–it’s just going to hurt more. Since you’re kinda a pussy when it comes to the pain, I’d wait a bit.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

IT_LBS2
Participant
@it_lbs2

I find the best thing for the pain is a couple Advil an hour brfore hand. Sure it doesn’t take all the pain away but it helps with the swelling.

I also always have a chocolate bar and a bottle of Powerade with me. Keeps my sugars up. I have found from doing 5-7 hour sessions my sugars go way down so I combate it with those 2.

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

Thanks alot people – will just have a good munch before hand and bring some lemon lucozade with me I shall be fine

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

You can also sack up, and suck it up.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

DMoney
Participant
@dmoney

I know I posted this in another thread…but I saw y’all were talking about face tattoos and thought I’d share a picture of Mr. Bruce Potts – a man who has his whole head tattooed (eyelids included) and who gets to use tons of foundation to cover it up when he goes in for his job as a professor at Arizona State.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=26539&id=41282624968

if that link doesn’t work I know this one will: http://cashthefilmfanblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/cah-showcases-inked-up-cast-including.html

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

Apart from eating a good meal and having a drink of pop with you do these creams or anything help?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

From researching the issue the creams you are talking about are weak local anesthetics which are allowed on the market due to low strength.

The true topical anesthetics (cream or injected into skin) for serious surgery would need a professionally qualified anaesthetist to administer.

It will take you upto 2 hours wait for the cream to work and will last between 30-45 (60 mins tops).

There are 2 issues with the creams;

1. Your body does not build up any endorphins to counter the pain as the skin cannot send the signal to the brain to do so. So when it wears off you will be hurt with the world of hurt in one go.

2. Some artists complain that the skin takes on a rubbery effect and is harder to work. Obviously everybody is different.

Also if you have breathing, kidney or heart issues you should not be using this cream.

I have done a whole stack of research into the different pain killers and risks on my blog or signature check them out.

The way to look at it is this – If I can survive a big tattoo without painkillers. Anybody can. I am a wuss when it comes to needles.

Take Care
Matthew

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

You already made a thread almost identical to this and it has about 3 pages of people giving you the same answers, why make another bloody thread? Did you not believe us last time?
If you are scared of the pain, which you obviously are, you shouldn’t be getting tattooed. End of.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Sit there and take it. It’s not gonna kill ya.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Numbing agents do work. I tried them on one of legs to test the effectiveness.
However, I tend to save them for cients that feel they need something to take the edge off.
If you are that concerned its gonna hurt, give it a pass. Tattooing hurts. period.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.