The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Hey everyone!

So I’m getting ready for my next sleeve and I have a few ideas floating around. I already have a standard cross symbol on my upper left arm (my first tattoo), so I would really like to work around it.

Quick picture I took (with terrible iphone camera)
Photo1.jpg

I’ve always wanted a good/evil or heaven/hell type theme. So I’m thinking maybe get angels etc on my upper arm, then a demon or 2 on my lower arm.
I’m considering getting the angels done in the form of anime style characters, having been a huge fan of anime for as long as I can remember. It’ll also allow me to have a lot of bright colours, something I haven’t done with tattoos before. The demons though will be dark silhouettes trying to claw their way up my arm.

My main question now though is, what could I use as filler to go around the angels/demons and other symbols? I have a tendency to go with anything (see my other sleeve), but I want to put extra thought into this one. How do you guys pick what to have as filler for your tattoos? Or do you let your artist do his/her own thing?

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Hi

Well as far as filler go with something that relates to the theme say for heaven and hell clouds and flames.

Cheers
Marcus

Joe1874
Participant
@joe1874

How about a sleeve depicting the events at Calvary? Upper half of the arm could be Angels and the three crosses on the hill (cross on either side) and the bottom half of the arm could be the Demons looking up at the cross.

May sound stupid but I have an image in my head that looks good :P.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming
Mmildf;59499 wrote:
Hi

Well as far as filler go with something that relates to the theme say for heaven and hell clouds and flames.

Cheers
Marcus

Yeah I thought about those, and I’ll most likely go with them as well but they seem a bit too obvious, ya know? Suppose I can’t be too picky though!

Joe1874;59500 wrote:
How about a sleeve depicting the events at Calvary? Upper half of the arm could be Angels and the three crosses on the hill (cross on either side) and the bottom half of the arm could be the Demons looking up at the cross.

May sound stupid but I have an image in my head that looks good :P.

Hmm not bad, don’t know about getting even more crosses but it could work!

Thanks for the replies!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

The first thing I thought of a sun high up on your shoulder with the sun rays and clouds surrounding the angels, and flames going up your wrist near the devils. Pretty much what Marcus said.
Filler for my arm is just colours .

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

I have a good/evil sleeve theme going on as we speak. Just started adding some color. I told my artist what I wanted and I let him come up with a design.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/more-work-done-my-good-evil-t14422.html?t=14422&highlight=sleeve+work

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Very nice! Looks awesome ^^

Sounds good Joker, I should get the pen and paper out and start sketching stuff. Can’t have evil demons without fire and flames though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.