jhchawk
Participant
@jhchawk

Hey everyone

this is my first post, just registered because I’m thinking about getting my first tattoo. It can’t be visible with normal clothes on (so no calf/forearm/neck.etc.), because my bubbe would fucking drop dead when I saw her haha.

I want to get something that has to do with what I’m into…scuba, wilderness, nature, meditation, and other stuff I like. I’m also a graphic artist, and I came up with this design below:

In the center is “Great Wave off Kanagawa”, which is a 19th century japanese wood carving. i like it because it illustrates the fury and the beauty of nature. Surrounding it is the “Enso”, or circle, which symbolizes consciousness, the void, the universe, oneness with oneself.

I’m thinking right shoulder.

greatwavezentattoo.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I think someone on here has that tattooed on them, might try a search for it 😉

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Not my style, so my opinion will be of no help to you.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Nice.
Not original because the image is just too famous.
I would leave the boats out, but the rest is a nice design.

jhchawk
Participant
@jhchawk

If I do this I will definitely have the artist remove the boats. (or do it myself)

@ Chief D, that is a very good point. I relized last night after searching “great wave tattoo” that it is extremely popular. I had no idea. Knowing this, I might change the image inside the Enso, but I’m definitely keeping the circle.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

There is no reason why you cannot tweak it so it is unique to you. You could have your own style of boat racing the crest of the wave or have a serpent rising up from the depths etc.

It is a great design and no reason why you cannot work it so you put a fresh perspective on it.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its not a original for a reason :rolleyes: it holds a lot of spiritual meaning to people . :rolleyes:

melisaparker
@

If I do this I will definitely have the artist remove the boats. Anyway, it looks so good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.