KelsandraAnn
Participant
@kelsandraann

Have any of you women out there experienced discrimination because of your tattoos?

Just yesterday, I brought up to my fiance that I was thnking about getting a second tattoo sometime in the future (I just got my first this past Saturday – just hit the extreme itching and I’m NOT looking forward to dealing with any more itching anytime soon!). Anyway, he basically freaked out and said that he wasn’t comfortable with me getting any more tattoos since it looks slutty for girls to have more than one small tattoo.

Keep in mind that my first tattoo is on my left side, and I keep it hidden from pretty much everyone (I have shown it to a few close female friends, since they wanted to see what it looked like). I was hoping to get my next tattoo on my right side (possibly being a larger piece that would extend up my ribcage, a bit onto my back, and possible down onto my thigh a little. I wanted to get a tree that I designed next, so I wanted it to be a pretty dominant piece).

Anyway, I was just curious. Anyone else get any irrational discrimination or generalizations because of their ink? And guys, what do you think of girls with tattoos?

-Kelsey

American Infidel
Participant
@american-infidel

I know im speaking for a small percent of men but I think women with tattoos are very sexy. Thats just my opinion. :p its your body so do what you think is right. I see it as if I can have a tattoo that is hidden and it really makes me happy why not get it? I have quite a few large pieces and small ones but you would never know if you saw me in public. I have both of my arms done and my right leg. Its all a matter of what you like and not others. Theres to many people pointing fingers these days and you just gotta learn to say “hey im different and proud of it!” and about the fiance……Good luck haha

vala
Participant
@vala

i think girls with tattoo’s are hot.
however its your body, do as you please.

btw…get 2 full sleeves….:cool:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well im quite tattooed :rolleyes:
and i have never really had any real negative feedback about them (so far anyways)
in the past a few of my bf’s haven’t had any tattoos at all and have always loved my back tattoo.

i do think they are some guys out there thou who think just because you have body art you should have loads of pics posing like a suicide girl 😡

vala
Participant
@vala
Butterfly_Kisses;51594 wrote:
i do think they are some guys out there thou who think just because you have body art you should have loads of pics posing like a suicide girl 😡

quagmire.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
Butterfly_Kisses;51594 wrote:

i got a good camera babe x x x x :p

( i dread to think of the reply im going to get to that one.. lol )

Moonchakka
Participant
@moonchakka

I think tattoos on a woman are extremely sexy.

sanctuary
Participant
@sanctuary

As some have already said, it’s your body..you should be able to do what you want. Personally, I would have a real problem with someone who tried to dictate what I could or could not do.

Oh, and you can pick up almost any tattoo mag and see plenty of beautiful girls sporting full sleeves, etc. that don’t look slutty at all. Maybe you’re fiance should try to be a little more open-minded?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Nothing’s sexier on a girl than sleeves and a big ribcage piece 🙂

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

I like women who have tatts on their bodies. Not just because they appeared more sexy. I find a woman that is not afraid to say hey I want it and I have it more sexy than some woman that acts to submisive. I have alot of tattoos (sleeves and so fourth) and I respect those that do not have them, and I expect them to respect me also. Now I have seen in the past 20 years of tattooing there are plenty of men and women that make those negative statements. I have seen most of the time discrimination is basicly a weaker person’s only defense for what they lack. I think anyone has the right to do with their body as they see fit. I am not very impressed by male shovenists that seem to claim their mates as if they were property. If I told my wife she was not allowed another tattoo she would be more than happy to go and get 2 or 3 more just to tell me to shut my pie hole. I like this moto I once heard… God made man equal, tattooists made some better to look at!
I would like to see your Fiancee tell Kat Von D that she looks like a slut? I am pretty sure she may put him back in line a bit. Your life your rules.

Phat_Goddess
Participant
@phat_goddess

So far I only have one & planning and designing like at least 5 more lol one being a half sleeve. With just my one I haven’t gotten any negativity. Yeah I didn’t even bother to ask my husband I just todl him I was going on a certain day to get one. He thought I’d chicken out. He doesn’t care, which I’m glad about because I don’t want to get into arguments over tattoos. Good luck with your fiance lol 🙂

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
PsychoticInk;51612 wrote:
I would like to see your Fiancee tell Kat Von D that she looks like a slut? I am pretty sure she may put him back in line a bit. Your life your rules.

That’s true, take away Kat’s tatts and you’ve still got a good looking woman, but the tattoos make her f-n sexy though!

TaTToO_LoVer89
Participant
@tattoo_lover89

I’ve gotten the same response from my bf when I told him i wanted more tattoo’s in the future.. He say’s he does’nt want me to have a bunch of tattoo’s when I’m an older lady… We have been together for about 5 years, so I just told him that I’m me.. If i want tattoo’s you’ll have to love me and them =) I say that in the nicest way possible. I don’t feel tattoo’s are slutty.. more like an expression..

KelsandraAnn
Participant
@kelsandraann

I definitely didn’t expect this to be such a hot topic!

And I didn’t really mean to drag my fiance into this. He’s a great guy, he just… hasn’t had much exposure to the tattooing world. But he already said he’d get a tattoo with me once we’re married, so I’m slowly easing him into it. I’m still planning on getting my beloved tree sometime, and he’ll just have to deal with it. Maybe he’ll feel better with it once we’re actually together and sees my current piece (since we’re unfortunately stuck doing a long-distance thing for a while…). Who knows? Maybe he’ll end up a tatto fiend too =D

But I agree with most of the replies here. Yes, there are slutty girls with tattoos, but I think well-done tattoos can and are beautiful on us women-folk =]

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

i’m extensively tattooed with several facial piercings and yes i get discriminated against when i go to larger towns or cities, but good old home town we’re all weird and wonderful here:) Hubby and i went to a posh restaurant not so long ago, he has his septum pierced, earl (bridge) eyebrows and several rings in his hair and also a blonde bleached mohawk, the whole restaurant went quiet when we got up to leave. I heard one person say “oh my god look at that!” hehehehehe, who gives a rats arse!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.