Viking_Pride
    Participant
    @viking_pride

I want to get a tattoo, as previously mentioned, but I am in the middle of my football season. The tattoo is to somewhat commemorate this season and my senior year.

My question is would I be able to protect it from dirt effectively during the season, by either tape or a wrap/long sleeve/fore-arm pad, or would it really damage the tattoo?

infallible
    Participant
    @infallible

among dirt being one of the issues, take into consideration sweat and the ability if any for the tattoo to breathe and heal properly. Everyone’s skin is different but when I tattoo someone I tell them to take it easy for at least a week and a half. You can wrap that thing up like you’re trying to preserve thanksgiving turkey but that’s not the best thing for your tattoo. You should take into consideration sweat and breathability. You could end up with an infection or nasty little pimples all over your tattoo…what a waste of time and money if that happend huh?

Viking_Pride
    Participant
    @viking_pride

Thanks for the reply, after a few other responses from other’s i’m waiting till after the season, if I can’t wait 2 months to get something that will be with me the rest of my life, I shouldn’t get it.

AJLee613
    Participant
    @ajlee613

take it easy for a couple weeks man. if i were u’d skip practice for the first week, the couch would undertand and make u do scuicides like mass to make up for it hahaha but its all part of the hard work and passion of ur tattoo

taking care of it is half the work imo. gettting it isn’t THAT bad, taking care of it takes dicipline and time. so in 10 years u will remember what u went through for somthing that will stay with you forever.

also dont let it rub or nothing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.