katec
    Participant
    @katec

Okay – I don’t like Bieber, at all really, but some of his tattoos are actually not terrible. However, I noticed on on his arm had a little Korean influence. As someone who is pretty passionate about Korea and studying the language this intrigued me.

14skro6.jpg

Now – you can see the 비버 beneath. This is read as ‘bibeo’, so yeah – if a Korean tries to read his arm it will sound kind of like they’re saying his name. How clever. Accept that the literal translation is beaver, as in an animal that chews wood and builds dams – beaver. Why? Well – the funny part about this is that he didn’t have to put his name in Korean in order to translate it as beaver, because Bieber already translates as beaver. The name originated in Jewesh and German culture from the word beaver, referring to a person who worked hard.

So what am I getting at here? Long story short – in an attempt to come across as cultured Justin has written the word beaver on his arm, leaving the tertiary translation to his own belief that his fame will help him cross the language barrier. What ever happened to that rule about not attempting to translate our names? Wasn’t that working fine for us? Well – at least he can’t blame his tattoo artist for writing it incorrectly.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Personally, I think that’s a lousy tattoo.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

doesn’t bang bang do most of his stuff?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 140457 wrote:

Personally, I think that’s a lousy tattoo.

Nonsense. I have notebooks full of similar doodles when I was in middle school, and my middle school doodles were awesome.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 140526 wrote:

Nonsense. I have notebooks full of similar doodles when I was in middle school, and my middle school doodles were awesome.

I doodle all the fucking time.
    That’s how this evolved.

Tox_09
    Participant
    @tox_09

Wonderful stuff, Thank you.

MattInked
    Participant
    @mattinked

I wonder if he plans to detail his arm out a bit more. I don’t think the Tattoo is bad but its lacking in a way. I’d like to see if he leaves it or continues to add to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.