Steelcream
Participant
@steelcream

I have a hernia scar on my abdomen on my right hand side. Pretty much same level as a c-section would be. It’s about 6 inches long. I am looking for ideas on what to do as a tat.. I love jet fighter planes, well any planes, I love nature, flowers and animals. O and I’m male… Any ideas welcome.. If I knew how to put a picture in I would put on of the scar on here. Thanks in advance

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Steelcream 144027 wrote:

I love jet fighter planes, well any planes, I love nature, flowers and animals.

Get those ^^^^

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Steelcream 144027 wrote:

I have a hernia scar on my abdomen on my right hand side. Pretty much same level as a c-section would be. It’s about 6 inches long. I am looking for ideas on what to do as a tat.. I love jet fighter planes, well any planes, I love nature, flowers and animals. O and I’m male… Any ideas welcome.. If I knew how to put a picture in I would put on of the scar on here. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum!

I like flowers (I was a florist some time ago) and I once recommended Clematis flowers for an abdominal scar.

Keep us posted.

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

What animals do you like? I love the flower idea, but stay away from color, less you want it to look feminine. I think a black and gray animal tattoo with flowers would look really good.
198afe71-c52c-4e6a-be42-44682489610b_zpskqkx74vz.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Afink87 144876 wrote:

What animals do you like? I love the flower idea, but stay away from color, less you want it to look feminine.

That depends on what types and how they’re presented. I’m toying with the idea of the sexually aroused flowers from the movie Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”.

Skin complexion should enter into the equation too. Color is great on pale skin.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I don’t think colourful floral tattoos looks feminine. Plenty of Japanese sleeves on men feature cherry blossoms, lotus flowers, peonies etc. I have a friend with a Hawaiian themed half sleeve with a whole bunch of big brightly coloured hibiscus on it and it doesn’t look feminine. If you like flowers, get flowers. If you want a jet fighter get that.

Personally I would do some research into some styles that appeal to you, find someone that you can get to that is talented in that area and take this question to them, they will be able to design you something in the right shape and positioning to cover the scar and match the curvature of the body (this is where a plane may be difficult in that area as it is not generally flat and you don’t want a plane to look bowed because of straight lines stretched over curved skin!) they are the best people to ask, but as buttwheat says, you like planes and flowers, tell them you like planes and flowers and see what they come up with!

HannahRoses21
Participant
@hannahroses21

It’s kind of a oddball idea, but picture a jet zooming off, and rather than the cloud like air streaming behind it, there is a trail of small colorful flowers running the length of your scar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.