petewall
    Participant
    @petewall

hey, i’ve been thinking about doing a space/ocean-themed tattoo on my back or a full sleeve(haven’t really decided yet)
    Kinda like the pictures below:

Img90795_Matspace_zpsd9ade52d.jpg
    solar_system_galaxy_universe_space_tattoo27_zps201f4ba7.jpeg
    07_zps9848cc7f.jpg
    Img147774_space2_zps6197e6db.jpg
    SEA_SLEEVE_FINISHED1_zps54aadf8a.jpg
    Senzatitolo-1okpersito_zpsa2b70616.jpg

kind of with a lot of intense colors and stuff. So i’m looking for an artist that’s really good at this kinda stuff.
    like REALLY good. I don’t mind if i have to do the space part at one place and the ocean part at another one, it’s the end result that
    is the most important thing!
    Anyone know of anyone?
    I live in Sweden, but don’t mind travelling a bit, preferably within Europe but all suggestions are appreciated!

And i hope i did post this in the right section, otherwise admin/mod please feel free to move it! ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks, Peter

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

No suggestions, but I’m sure Peter Poose will have some, or Pox, or someone from Europe.

Your idea is very cool and original.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

there are some great artists in sweden. i forgot of one that is super dope but the one i would recommend is johan finne. niki norberg is on my wishlist but he specializes in b/g. if i remember ill update this thread.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

He’s not from Europe, but Deano Cook does some amazing undersea tattoos. Maybe you could catch him at a convention over there.

http://www.psychotats.com/newweb/pages/DeanoCook/DeanoCook.htm

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Call_me_Lola 132120 wrote:

He’s not from Europe, but Deano Cook does some amazing undersea tattoos. Maybe you could catch him at a convention over there.

http://www.psychotats.com/newweb/pages/DeanoCook/DeanoCook.htm

Yep Deano Cook was the first name that popped into my head

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Howdy,

I’m going into an undersea thing soon culminating with a lobster on my right shoulder. Lots of color. It will tie into my right leg with an aquarium theme.

petewall
    Participant
    @petewall

Johan Finne had some great stuff. So did Deano Cook, will definately check those guys out more!

@Sam-I-Am 132147 wrote:

Howdy,

I’m going into an undersea thing soon culminating with a lobster on my right shoulder. Lots of color. It will tie into my right leg with an aquarium theme.

Hey Sam, Where are you gonna do this tattoo? ๐Ÿ™‚

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well, the ones you posted are in pretty different styles, so I’d recommend different artist.
    But there is a number of great artists in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc!
    Niki and Johan are wonderful, I personally know several artists up here in Trondheim, Norway who could do beautiful work in a theme like that, there are a bunch in Oslo, Copenhagen, etc. Quite a few!
    But it all depends; If you want to go hyper-realistic, it’s different, because those pieces don’t always heal too well after a few years, so it requires someone who specializes in the style. If you’re looking for something more bold, less realistic looking, I can def recommend some artists for you.

And it’s not just local artists – a lot of AMAZING artists guest spot frequently in Norway especially, and there is a ton of popular conventions not too far away from home.
    Domantas parvainis frequents Trondheim, and Milan and London conventions are popular with some of the really big names. You also have some great ones in Sweden, Gรถteborg somehow seems to have become a mecca for great art… Check out Mr Dist. and I can’t avoid the shop I myself work in these days; Purple Pain Tattoo.

If there is one style you’re looking at more than another – let me know and I’ll check out my list ๐Ÿ™‚

(and lookie guys, kept it all in english, no gibberish! ;D So proud.)

petewall
    Participant
    @petewall

i think (haha) i want it kinda realistic, but with “fรถrstรคrkta” (re-inforced?) colors. like really intense.
    Like the first ocean pic and the last pic (which i now realize is the same tattoo!) i don’t know if that’s considered realistic?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Alright. Well, sort of, yes.

Jacob Pedersen at Krooked Moon Tattoo, Niki Norberg, Johan Finne and Mr dist at Big Slick tattoo are who first comes to mind for me in Sweden. Oh and Johan Warodell. He does beautiful realistic color work!
    Or Ola Petersson in Kalmar.

Sweden has quite a few good artists ๐Ÿ™‚ And if you’re looking for really intense color.. Sorry man, it’s not gonna be that intense in a couple years anyways.
    If you’re a typical swede though, you’re pale and never see much sun, so it’ll hold up better than for most people :p

petewall
    Participant
    @petewall

Great, gonna check them out!
    what about outside of Sweden?

haha yep, i’m a total Swede avoiding sunlight at every cost ๐Ÿ˜‰

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

There is a TON! Haha. Sorry, but there is just so many. Any special countries you’re looking into?
    Easter Europe and Russia have a lot of awesome artists, who frequently travel to Scandinavia to work. Check out the studios, see who’s coming around ๐Ÿ™‚
    Look at the websites of conventions, a lot artists come back frequently or also do guest spots around Europe when they’re first here.
    And well, for a sleeve you’re looking for someone you can see somewhat frequently, so that should be a good thing ;p

Figured. Where you in Sweden are you located? I love the sun, but seeing as I’ve seen it maybe 3 weeks in total this year, it doesn’t do much damage :p

petewall
    Participant
    @petewall

yeah i guess the closer the better since i guess i’m looking at atleast 4 sittings (and probably more idk) but seeing as it’s somewhat cheap travelling within Europe i don’t wanna limit myself to just looking at artists that work nearby.
    i guess scandinavia, uk, germany are possible countries, Somewhere where you can communicate in english at least. Also I’m a bit anxious about the hygien part, dunno if the standards are as high everywhere?
    I live in Stockholm and am not that fond of tanning, and when i do, i make sure to make my tattoos white out of sunlotion ๐Ÿ˜€

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

If you’re looking for a realistic full sleeve, you’re most likely looking at a lot more than 4 session. Sure it’s cheap, but add hotel, food, other expenses, and suddenly it’s not. Plus waiting lists. Many artists will have cancellations etc despite waiting lists, and the closer you are, the more likely you are to get it, and suddenly the wait isn’t as long ๐Ÿ™‚

Hygiene depends. Different countries, different regulations. But most EU countries have fairly strict rules about it. With Scandinavia, uk, and germany, as long as you stick to good studios, you should be fine. And I get that it’s more fun to travel around, but you honestly have so many amazing artists nearby, I’d still suggest checking them out first for such a big piece ๐Ÿ™‚ If you find someone perfect elsewhere, go for it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@petewall 132356 wrote:

Hey Sam, Where are you gonna do this tattoo? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anthony Zamora of 717 Tattoos in Mechanicsburg, PA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.