getatatme
Participant
@getatatme

Alright starting off, i want to explain why i want this tattoo. My name is Kari and i am 21 years old, ive grown up all my life with parents who were very emotionally abusive. I have never had the confidence needed for myself
and as i get older i slowly increase my self esteem.
my entire life i have always loved the idea of body modification, i am a bigger girl as well so the thought of change has always interested me.
so when i was younger about sixteen years old i got a tattoo on my chest. i have barely large boobs and they have always bothered me so since i had gotten my tattoo there it has helped me cope with it. my issue is that i out of my eagerness and stupidity allowed a friend of mine to do this. as well as she decided to take drugs half through it without me knowing ANYWAY. it looks terrible. says only the strong survive. its cliche but has always been something i have agreed with. my problem is i want to cover it up. all of it but i have swayed back and forth on ideas but i would love to have something traditional looking as well as still goes with my meaning of strength if anyone can help me think of ideas i would be very grateful.
c:

297033_1349615899182_232207_n.jpg
this is me and the tattoo i want covered

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’m sorry that I have no idea for an actual cover, but I’d say your first decision might be how dark you want the new tattoo to be. If you don’t want it too dark, it might be better to get it lasered a couple of times first just to break up the sharp, dark lines and prevent it coming through a then considerably lighter tattoo.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Get it lasered for sure. Black is the easiest to laser.

getatatme
Participant
@getatatme

well… i was more looking for ideas but thanks guys…but laser is super expensive and costly and has scarring. i want stuff done on my chest anyway so scars could get in the way of a new piece so i dont know if that is the option i want to go with

ArniVidar
@arnividar
getatatme;117439 wrote:
well… i was more looking for ideas but thanks guys…but laser is super expensive and costly and has scarring.

Not really, and not if it’s done right.

But regardless of the price, would you rather spend less money and get another piece that you’re not going to like in a few years because it could have been much better?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Flowers make for good coverups. Bouquet of beauty for the boobs.

getatatme
Participant
@getatatme

well i found a local artist who is great with cover ups. and he does alot of work with color anyway i don’s want laser.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I’d be VERY careful about getting a coverup without lightening it a little bit first. Speak to a proper coverup artist, not just a local dude who thinks he can cover it up.

Could you please link the portfolio of this local artist so we can tell you what we think of his work.

This probably sounds creepy but you’re gorgeous, I’d hate for you to have another tattoo you regret. The only thing worse than a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo with a bad coverup on it.

getatatme
Participant
@getatatme

well by local i meant a shop in town.
here is some things.
some are his some aren’t.
the two that made me consider him are the Pisces fish and the hourglass
but like i said i was looking for ideas.
i haven’t decided everything yet. and thank you for the compliment and yea i know i don’t want to regret anymore either
i want something i can be proud of. and if do not choose to work with this guy if you saw my pac man tattoo on my page. he is a great artist and may have him do this instead. i’m not sure yet

okay and he doesnt really have a portfolio to upload everything he has is at his shop he is a fairly new shop. not artist just has a new location

Panter
Participant
@panter
Amok;117466 wrote:
I’d be VERY careful about getting a coverup without lightening it a little bit first. Speak to a proper coverup artist, not just a local dude who thinks he can cover it up.

Could you please link the portfolio of this local artist so we can tell you what we think of his work.

This probably sounds creepy but you’re gorgeous, I’d hate for you to have another tattoo you regret. The only thing worse than a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo with a bad coverup on it.

Totally agree with every word of this.

The guy you’ve found sounds a little suspicious to be honest, you want top class work that you can be proud of, not something second rate.
It would be worth waiting for as long as it takes to save the money and get an appointment with someone top class, you can’t afford to get something so visible wrong again.

Good luck

EDIT: I’d also seriously reconsider the laser option, what you have is fairly light and small, I’d be surprised if a competent operator couldn’t work wonders with that.

getatatme
Participant
@getatatme

im not sure why he seems suspicious
he isnt a new guy haha
my fiance has been friends with him for sometime and has either owned or worked in his own show for 15 years now.
we are just in a smaller town so his portfolio isnt huge but thanks for all the advice guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.