chuch4
Participant
@chuch4

Hi everyone, I want to get some work done soon, but my idea just seems to be lacking something.
Here is a quick story behind the tattoo. I used to live a very negative life and I was miserable, I have recently turned it around and am much happier. I want to get a very positive looking tattoo on my forearm that has the words “Everything Changes” to remind me that even when things look bad, it’ll turn around. I was thinking about having a blue paintbrush stroke across my arm and then have that phrase in yellow with some green tied in throughout the whole thing. I would really appreciate some extra input.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm.. I don’t see it, really. It would just be a blue/green blob with yellow text on it…. an absolutely horrible color combination for text.

Irish101
Participant
@irish101

hey guys im new to this.. just wonderin if sum1 cud tell me how to start a new thread!?.. i have a tattoo idea and i just wnt to get some opinions on it.. thanks 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you’re in a thread like this, you have the Reply button that you found. If you’re not in a thread, but in a forum, there’s a New button in the exact same place 🙂

chuch4
Participant
@chuch4

I figured out what I’m going to do, I’m going to get the earth on my arm, half of the planet will be dark colors with a very dismal look about it. The other half will be bright colors with light radiating from the planet, the two halves will blend together in the middle. The text “Everything Changes” will be wrapped around the planet.
What do you think?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Strike two. It will be very confusing to look at. Script is like a dummys guide to what your tattoo means.
Either just do the lettering…. strongly suggest not getting lettering
Or come up with a better design minus the explanation.

cascade505
@

I’m not very experienced with all of this however, color contrast I would suggest is very important if you want a great looking tattoo. Furthermore, maybe look into some guides like the above posts say. 😀

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@chuch4 117803 wrote:

I figured out what I’m going to do, I’m going to get the earth on my arm, half of the planet will be dark colors with a very dismal look about it. The other half will be bright colors with light radiating from the planet, the two halves will blend together in the middle. The text “Everything Changes” will be wrapped around the planet.
What do you think?

Sounds similar to the Sherwin-Williams Paint trademark.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Personally I am not a fan of lettering in tattoos, but that’s just me.

From what I’ve learned about the tattoo industry, I give the same response to every singly “I need help on an idea” question regarding getting a tattoo.

Step 1: Come up with a “concept”, not necessarily exactly what you think you want, but just the idea behind it.
Step 2: Research and search out an artist, not a tattoo shop. It takes time, and there are variables like your budget and your ability to travel. Look at portfolios and come up with the person you think can pull it off.
Step 3: Go to the artist with your idea. From there, let the artist do their thing. Let him/her do the sketch, and let him/her come up with the color pallette.

If you want something solid, I personally don’t see any other way to approach it. Don’t put any constraints on the artist, meaning don’t micro manage the process. You’ll have a chance to look at the sketch and make tweaks. Obviously you have input into the big picture. But at the end of the day you are hiring an artist to ink canvas, and you’re the canvas. Twice now I’ve taken this approach and twice now the final product has far exceeded my expectations going in.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The OP hasn’t been here in over 4 months. While metalman’s advice is very helpful I don’t think the op will see it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.