itsRICHARD
Participant
@itsrichard

Hey,

I need some ideas on what I can do with this tattoo, the artist here in Australia, Melbourne, Edithvale did a really poor job so I’m planning to add some things to it or cover it up with something but I’m not sure what.

I really like japanese tattoos but I’m planning to get a 3/4 or half japanese sleeve on my right arm at Thailand in the end of this year, this tattoos on the left forearm btw.

Here’s the tattoo:

http://i43.tinypic.com/x86du.jpg

If anyone could draw a design for me, that be great 🙂

Thanks

The Range
Participant
@the-range

Well you say that you “like Japanese tattoos” but then go on to say “but…” so I’m not entirely sure what you want. A million things could be done to cover that up. I’m sure we could help you along the way with deciding what aesthetically would be best for the cover-up, but it’s a little silly to draw you up a design without any insight as to what you desire in a tattoo (and at best you’ll probably get a quick sketch, the chances of you getting a workable tattoo design is slim). Even saying “Japanese” is pretty vague.

itsRICHARD
Participant
@itsrichard
The Range;110417 wrote:
Well you say that you “like Japanese tattoos” but then go on to say “but…” so I’m not entirely sure what you want. A million things could be done to cover that up. I’m sure we could help you along the way with deciding what aesthetically would be best for the cover-up, but it’s a little silly to draw you up a design without any insight as to what you desire in a tattoo (and at best you’ll probably get a quick sketch, the chances of you getting a workable tattoo design is slim). Even saying “Japanese” is pretty vague.

I just realized how silly I sound hahah, well here’s an idea but I’m not sure how it will turn out though. Well first, I’m a Buddhist and I was thinking of a Buddhist praying hands wrapped with necklace beads wrapping around my arm to pray for my family as a cover up. Similar to these but on the inner forearm:

http://i40.tinypic.com/33vm96v.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z6va68.jpg

Sorry for the bad description

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

There are many different names for them but I am assuming you are reffering to the traditional 108 rosary beads for mantra recitations. I have also been looking to do something similar, just have’nt exactly found a perfect place I would like to lay them. Unfortunatley running them through my hands is not an option at this time career wise but would love to do that. Good luck and throw some pics up if ya decide to get it done.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

The great thing is there are many talented tattooists in Melbourne. I think you will be really disappointed with a tattoo like you have posted (suggestions), with the exception of the hands it takes up a lot of space without much ink. You will be wanting to add and hence cover up very quickly. My tattooist will be moving down to the Carrum area in a couple of months.

Justanothername
Participant
@justanothername

Bluey has a good point. I think it would look better as the final piece to lay on top of your sleeve instead of having to work around it. Good luck.

itsRICHARD
Participant
@itsrichard
bluey;110474 wrote:
The great thing is there are many talented tattooists in Melbourne. I think you will be really disappointed with a tattoo like you have posted (suggestions), with the exception of the hands it takes up a lot of space without much ink. You will be wanting to add and hence cover up very quickly. My tattooist will be moving down to the Carrum area in a couple of months.

Could you recommend me some artists around Melbourne?

Hmm, I’m having a hard time deciding for my cover up/touch up I can’t think of any ideas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.