Caffeined
Participant
@caffeined

Hi.

I love to travel and I’d like my next tattoo to be travel related. I’m taking the tattoo to my calf and first I thought of taking just the word ‘travel’ in Old English font. Then I played around with photoshop to see how it would look like and ended up designing a little more stuff I’d like to include in the tattoo. The result is here:

Untitled.jpg

This is just in the planning stage so if you have any comments or ideas please let me know. Any feedback is appreciated.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I know a girl – who every time she travels she gets a tattoo of that place eg: flamingo for Miami, Space Needle for Seattle etc

why not keep it just pictures without words?

Caffeined
Participant
@caffeined

That’s a cool idea. I have a dragon tattoo which reminds me of my time in Southeast Asia. Not a place but something that relates to that area. My next trip will be around Mexico, Central America and California. Maybe I’ll just get a picture of a sombrero, fiery chilis and tequila 😀

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Sounds good!

She has a tequila worm with a sombero on from her time in mexico 😎

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

I really like the palm tree and sunset but I don’t like the word travel next to it. I think it would be better to just get the image, you don’t need to put a label on it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Sorry but the 2 together do not work for me. The palm tree and sunset is nice (maybe have a pair of walking boots left by the shore).

Everybody I knew in the 90’s who got old English tattoos all ended up with extended rework or covers because they got bored really quick with the font.

Just something to keep in mind.

Take care
Matthew

Crackbaby
Participant
@crackbaby

I’m gonna have to agree that the font doesn’t fit very well. Given that is oceanic in nature I would consider a bamboo font curved around the top or bottom. Also check out fontspace.com. There are alot of great fonts on there or you may want to let your artist play with it some. Fonts tend to make or break a tattoo.

whosyourdaddy
@
Caffeined;110203 wrote:
Hi.

I love to travel and I’d like my next tattoo to be travel related. I’m taking the tattoo to my calf and first I thought of taking just the word ‘travel’ in Old English font. Then I played around with photoshop to see how it would look like and ended up designing a little more stuff I’d like to include in the tattoo. The result is here:

Untitled.jpg

This is just in the planning stage so if you have any comments or ideas please let me know. Any feedback is appreciated.

Caffeined,

I would like to design a tattoo for you, I have a graphics design business and would like to fine tune my skill.

where are you traveling too?

how long are you traveling?

who is traveling with you?

what kind of font do you like?

How are you traveling? (i.e bus, plane, hitch hiking & etc..)

Caffeined
Participant
@caffeined

Thanks for the replies. It’s hard to fit in the text so maybe I’ll just leave it out. I also though of Aussie_Al’s post about getting something region based. Maybe I should take a completely different line and take something like this: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-80606779/stock-vector-hot-chili-pepper-in-a-sombrero.html

Given that I love spicy food and chilis and the picture has a Mexican theme going on something like that would be nice. Also the linework of the picture would look good, one problem with the beach picture is it might look ok as a picture but when tattooed the result may not be as good.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread
Caffeined;110265 wrote:
one problem with the beach picture is it might look ok as a picture but when tattooed the result may not be as good.

Remember that you would take the image to an artist who would then probably redraw it to make it a suitable design for a tattoo. I’m not sure many artists would 100% copy an image so it might be worth talking to a few artists and getting their opinion/interpretation of the image.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.