buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Mark check out Tim Pangburn (Tim Victim)cover up work to see what is possible in cover ups. Don’t settle for some crappy cover up.
http://www.timvictim.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=3&sessionid=04a7a603d49b1908a0afef8b67b219d6

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Wow. I had no idea that such things were possible with really dark tattoos. I’m guessing that most artists wouldn’t be able to do this stuff? I live in scotland, and I’m trying to find someone with plenty of experience. So far I haven’t found anyone with cover work comparable to this.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You can always get a few laser hits to lighten it first if you wanted something beside tribal.
That said if you like tribal then get it done – there are plenty of decent artists who could do a nice design that you like.

The key is what makes you happy not what we prefer.

If you want something other than tribal and want to stay fairly local my advice is get the orig lasered and start afresh.

Take care
Matthew

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Thanks. I’ve seen a few places advertising laser, but I’ve never been sure whether to trust them. Is the idea (for a black tattoo) just that you can lighten it and then be able to cover with something other than black? Do I need to know anything in order to choose the right place, or will all laser treatments be the same?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.