Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Hi all,

I’m trying to decide if this is a decent cover up. I realise its very sketchy, but its just an idea (and I drew over it in paint so that it would be a uniform colour).

Can anyone tell me what the original tattoo was?

If anyone has an idea to improve the design, I’d love to hear from you 🙂

img03661.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*Apologies for this post. I dunno how I managed to post the same thing twice*

Best,
Mark

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That is an awesome cover up. I can’t even see the original tattoo. where did you find invisible tattoos?

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Ha, thanks. I think I’ve fixed the picture now

Panthen
Participant
@panthen
Mark19;83657 wrote:
If anyone has an idea to improve the design, I’d love to hear from you 🙂

Amputation.

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Ha 🙂 Perhaps a bit extreme. But I guess its on the cards in a way that it wouldn’t be if the tat was on my face.

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

we have to see the original tattoo if you want ideas

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

like Juan said need to see the original. Why is your foot purple?

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

I was really worried when I first saw this pic that my foot was going to drop off or something, but it’s purple because we had already drawn one design and wiped it off.

Given that a lot of people have viewed this and none have given me the answer, I’ll post a pic of the original now. Its an om symbol. Got it when I was young and had mistaken the effect of my medication with the effect of meditation.

picture1sh.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes that type of design would cover it over without a problem as black on black pigment, and you just need to find a shape to fit over it.

That said what is wrong with the orig tattoo?

You could get it relined and shaded again and maybe add to it a little.

Personally I don’t see anything wrong with it that it would need a massive cover up as opposed to small rework.

Take care
Matthew

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

Thanks for your reply. There is nothing wrong with the tattoo itself – it was done very professionally. The problem is that I now have a holy symbol tattooed on my foot, and I don’t like thinking about the offence it could (and would) cause to those from a culture that I have a lot of respect for. That said, a bad cover where the om could still easily be made out would be the worst case scenario. That’s why I wanted to see if anyone knew what it was.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would find an artist that does good cover ups and talk with them about ideas. The cover up design that you have made sucks you might as well just get a big black turtle.

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

A big black turtle? I don’t have a problem with that if it works as a cover. I like turtles…

Would you care to elaborate on the problems with the design? I’m here to try and find out more about this stuff, afteralll. I think my options are fairly limited. As far as I can tell, I am going to be stuck with some kind of tribal. Do you just think the design is unattractive, or do you think that the original is too obvious in it? Any ideas on the kind of thing that would be better?

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
buttwheat;83707 wrote:
I would find an artist that does good cover ups and talk with them about ideas. The cover up design that you have made sucks you might as well just get a big black turtle.

HaHa had to bring it back didnt you lol

Panthen
Participant
@panthen
Mark19;83718 wrote:
Would you care to elaborate on the problems with the design? I’m here to try and find out more about this stuff, afteralll. I think my options are fairly limited. As far as I can tell, I am going to be stuck with some kind of tribal.

You absolutely do not have to settle for tribal. Yeah, it’s dark, but you could get whatever you wanted, literally. Go to a decent artist with a great portfolio and talk it up with them, they can give you suggestions on what they think will look good.

There’s no reason at all why you should have to stick with tribal, and there’s absolutely no reason at all you have to stick with that god-awful piece you drew on yourself!

Mark19
Participant
@mark19

That is interesting. Thanks a lot. Maybe I just haven’t been able to find any good artists. I’ve been to quite a few and haven’t found any that have suggestions other than tribal. That said, I actually quite like tribal. Doesn’t seem to be in fashion these days (and seems to get a bad rap from folk who consider themselves connoisseurs) but I couldn’t care much less about that. I would really like to be able to find an artist with some good suggestions.

(and I didn’t actually do that design. its a rough sketch by some artist)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.