ClarkCSM
Participant
@clarkcsm

Hello,

I’m a fan of literary tattoos and I already have one.

I want to get “It’s a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” on the insides of my feet.

I know from experience that sizing is a big limitation. I have like size 9 feet. Would this even be possible? Also, I notice not many people get tattoos there, is there a reason for this?

And lastly, are there any suggestions on how best to break up the lines between my feet? Like when in the text should I switch to the other foot.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

What, exactly, do you mean by ‘the insides’ of your feet?

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

If you’re talking about the soles of your feet, forget it – a tattoo won’t take well there.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

i know someone who just got a tattoo there so it is possible, its probably just uncommon because you cant see the tattoos there. im not sure if it would look good though to be honest, just because its quite a long quote, so the writing would have to be small and in a few years when it isnt as sharp, the words might blur together a bit – but best to talk to your tattoo artist and see what they think about it. good luck!

ClarkCSM
Participant
@clarkcsm

I meant the inside, not as in the bottom, but as in if you were to stand with your feet together, the parts that would be touching each other. You know, like the long part of your feet that are below the ankle bone.

I’m a bit concerned about the length as I said, but I was wonder if it would fade a little slower since that part of the skin rarely sees light? Or perhaps I will just need a different quote, but either way I’m attracted to the idea of a tattoo there.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Rethink your idea. First, that’s a really long quote with way too many words in my opinion regardless of the placement. Also, the ink will likely not take well and won’t last long in that area and healing will be difficult. Seriously, do you really want that long of a quote on you? Sorry but to me the whole idea pretty much sucks and just won’t work well for a tattoo.

ClarkCSM
Participant
@clarkcsm

One thing I do love about this place is that it makes me reevaluate my tattoo decisions every step of the way.

I’m a fan of text tattoos and I do like the whole quote. However. I have pretty small feet for something like that. lol. So I’m not sure this one is a good idea. I’m just so attracted to the quote on my feet.

Perhaps if I shortened it, or maybe the outsides would be better?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Feet are crap places for tattoos. You use them to get around. They shed more skin than any other place on the body, perhaps exluding the palms. You’d need to touch it up every 6-12 months for the rest of your life.

Also, a text tattoo needs to be pretty big to ever be legible, and you could never fit anything CLOSE to that on the feet. At best you could fit 4-5 words on each.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
ClarkCSM;81002 wrote:
Is this a good idea?

not only no, but hell no…………..

Adler
Participant
@adler

I also understand the frustration of gettting excited over a tattoo idea in your mind with design and placement and then having to deal with the reality that it just won’t work. You asked for opinions and you’re getting honest, informed ones. As frustrating as it may be, you really should consider 1) a shorter quote, and 2) different placement. Don’t get something that will look like crap and you’ll soon regret. If you don’t trust us, I’d really love to hear what a respected artist would say if you brought your same ideas to them. Believe me, they would tell you it won’t work. Good luck, but this is all part of the tattoo process…at least it should be.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.