markbarry90
Participant
@markbarry90

i am dying to get a word tattoo down my ribs but im struggling to decide on what to get.

I want something that is means “all that matters is what i think of myself”…. i was wondering if anybody knew of any quotes or phrases or anything that has this kind of meaning. id really appreciate any ideas at all!

Thanks

Silver82
Participant
@silver82

Confidence. Feel free to throw it into latin or a language based in your heritage if you want the mystique. Bu yeah that’s confidence.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I want something that is means “all that matters is what i think of myself”….

So your asking a bunch of total strangers!!!

FFS!

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet

I tell this to my composition students: Avoid using quotes that you didn’t encounter yourself. You can get advice from people, or pull a quote off of an internet quote site, but what you’ll be missing is context. Using a quote without context is dangerous. You may not be saying what you think you say.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

“autonomy” is always a great word!

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet
markbarry90;78108 wrote:
I want something that is means “all that matters is what i think of myself”…. i was wondering if anybody knew of any quotes or phrases or anything that has this kind of meaning. id really appreciate any ideas at all!

“Narcissist” would work.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Cornishtiger;78195 wrote:
I want something that is means “all that matters is what i think of myself”….

So your asking a bunch of total strangers!!!

FFS!

ROFL! That’s exactly what I thought as well 😀

markbarry90
Participant
@markbarry90

i was askin for phrases that link to that idea obviously muppet!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Obviously.

And obviously you fail to grasp the irony of the fact that you need help from total strangers to create a tattoo which literally spells out how you should only care what you yourself think and never what others think.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I get it. Not everyone is good with words, or know a lot of qoutes. I doubt he’s getting a line tattooed, just because someone else likes it. You can fall in love with someone elses art – you don’t have to create it yourself.
And not everyone knows where to look. Just because some of us are lucky enough to stumble upon beautiful quotes and lines, doesn’t mean everyone is.
There is one line that stuck with me “It doesn’t matter how the world sees me.” Nice and simple.
It doesn’t have to be complicated or uniq. Just something that sticks with you.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Don’t want to sound clever dicky but you could get “all that matters is what i think of myself”. it’s very original, not sure where the original quote came from but to me it says it all!

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite
poxphobia;78340 wrote:
I get it. Not everyone is good with words, or know a lot of qoutes. I doubt he’s getting a line tattooed, just because someone else likes it. You can fall in love with someone elses art – you don’t have to create it yourself.
And not everyone knows where to look. Just because some of us are lucky enough to stumble upon beautiful quotes and lines, doesn’t mean everyone is.
There is one line that stuck with me “It doesn’t matter how the world sees me.” Nice and simple.
It doesn’t have to be complicated or uniq. Just something that sticks with you.

i agree. im bad with words and have a hard time expressing my thoughts thrugh my mouth, and thats exactly why i tattoo. i wish i could help, besides putting that exact quote into another language, or maybe putting it into art. you say you simply dont care to be bothered by what other think of you. being yourself is more then enough, right? then “it doesnt matter how the world see’s you”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.