knarF
Participant
@knarf

This might seem really stupid, but i have an idea for a tattoo of a zombie either fighting or dancing with a robot.

If i have them dancing, i’d like music notes and bright colours flowing around them, with the words “this is a musical and nothing goes wrong” or “tonight we dance, for tomorrow they release the dogs” somewhere in there (both of these are lyrics off my favorite album ever, Every Time I Die – Hot Damn!). So a really ‘happy’ tattoo in a way.
I don’t normally go for symbolism and all that, but i like the idea of hi-tech meets low-tech and i like the idea of 2 completely different beings, being friendly. Since we live in such a nasty world where everyone is picked on for being different and i just don’t see how that’s the way things should be.

If i have them fighting then i’d like it a little more dark and gloomy with it raining to fill in the space between them. I’d also like crows circling over them.
Again it has the high meets low-tech theme, and this time showing the ugly side of the whole ‘not liking things for being different’ thing. It also has a certain irony in it, the zombie could not possibly win a fight against a robot as zombies only fight to eat the victim, yet the robot is made of metal, thus illustrating hatred and arguments for the sake of it, the zombie is in a fight that even if it won, would not have achieved anything, i think that happens quite a bit in humanity, needless spite. The crows are scavengers, ready to pick up the pieces, again, symbolizing a common state of mind that humanity sadly possesses, something is about to lose it’s life yet we are just interested in the spoils.

So both ideas tell a story and they aren’t “AHAHAHA ZOMBIES AND ROBOTS ARE COOL” things. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Any thoughts?
My main problem is execution of this, it’s obviously going to be a fairly sizable piece but i wanted it on my leg. I’m thinking that only the top half of their torsos being visible (i.e. only being able to see the ribs and up then fading out). Or i might get it on my ribcage, but it’s really not your average rib piece, and i don’t know if i want my first tattoo to be a big one on my ribs, it might put me off as i know ribs can be really painful for some people, and i’m a bit of a wimp sometimes.

tl;dr?
Zombie either dancing or fighting with robot to symbolize different beings coming together amongst other things.

Looking forward to some feedback 😀

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i think both ideas sound great and unique! as far as placement, it would work on any limbs as well as ribs. i have seen some awesome robot pieces so make sure u go to a competent artist.

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

great idea! what kinda style are you lookin at? realistic would be AWESOME

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I like both ideas!
But I favor the idea of them dancing.

Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Don’t worry about putting a large piece on your ribs for your first one. You’ll be able to sit through it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

jeff ensminger FTW!! your welcome…

l_cbb042a18d55433ea20e19ad5e05ef63.jpg

knarF
Participant
@knarf

@ yodaddynukka;
Thanks. I’ve been looking for some ideas of what type of robot to do, there’s so many cool designs out there. That sleeve looks absolutely ace.

@ ljfran;
Oh it will definitely be realistic. Thinking of going to a tattoo convention this weekend and having a look through some artists and maybe getting something drawn up.

@ gnarly;
I’ve been thinking dancing is the way to go. I asked somewhere else and a couple of friends and dancing seems to be the general favorite. I think them fighting people are just going to think “oh look, he has a tattoo of a robot and zombie fighting, what a dick” and not think of any symbolism or anything.

For the robot i’m thinking of something like this:
linkyn-reanimation.jpg
Not that exact one, i need it to be obvious that it’s a robot, but looks a bit different. Unless the artist can draw a cool looking old school square headed thing. The zombie shouldn’t be too difficult to think of, they all look pretty similar, i want him to look all rotten and gross, lol.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

“Square headed”?
So, you want like a “Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots” style? That could be pretty nice. Go find an artist that you like and get a consultation. Remember that the tattoo has meaning for you, everyone else just gets to see an image.
Good luck!:D

JJMJ100
Participant
@jjmj100

Amazing idea my friend…
Love the thought in it!
Love the quotes too… What music is that?!

Make it realistic!!!! Post images if you get anything drawn up!

knarF
Participant
@knarf
JJMJ100;71573 wrote:
Amazing idea my friend…
Love the thought in it!
Love the quotes too… What music is that?!

Make it realistic!!!! Post images if you get anything drawn up!

ETID is like southern hardcore. Really different from most hardcore though, has some really epic riffs and (as you can see) really well thought out lyrics. About my favorite band int he world right now.

I was going to get it drawn up this weekend, but alas my funds would not permit. Oh well, get paid next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.