thenewguy
Participant
@thenewguy

aztec_warrior_future_tattoo_by_ipwn.jpg

Is the piece I was hoping to get although I would like to remove all the bones as the ground and only have maybe one or two skulls on the ground. I would like you input on if the piece would work for the back, is there anything that you can think of that would make it better.

And i do know its almost impossible to guess how much a tattoo is going to cost and I know its not going to be cheap and Im not looking to come of as cheap I just want to have an idea in my head.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Something like that you need to put away $4-5k. (This is a high end quote but that way you will not have to compromise on artist or detail).
You are easily talking 30 hours or more for that kind of detail.

Depending on the size of your back will estb how much you can fit in so it looks proportionate.

I would suggest losing much of the background and focus on the warrior as the forepoint of the piece.

Might want to consider with having just one big cat the body around the back of his legs and the head and upper body at his feet.

Possibly add a chain of bone and feathers in his fist and a jewelled or bone encrusted chest/neck harness on the cat?

Take Care
Matthew

thenewguy
Participant
@thenewguy

thanks for the help and i do like the idea of having one cat instead of two with the chain.

and do you think this concept will work and turn out nicely?

Crypto
Participant
@crypto

really like the picture, where did u get it?
further i agree with sherav

dannyboy
Participant
@dannyboy

That would be one kickass backpiece, luv the feet on the warrior

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The 2 things you need to bear in mind for a project like this are;

1. I cannot stress this enough – find the right artist. No compromises, no skimping back on cost (if you love their work and need more cash save up), and no ink from a mate for a few packs of beer. If you have to wait 6 mths for the right artist it is worth it.

The artist is everything because you can either take a great concept like that and make it mind blowing or have a back full of regret for life otherwise.

2. The picture is design concept only – what you get will never be exact as the picture, as it will be fitted to suit your physique and the interpretation of the artist doing it (why point 1 is so important).

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress when you start.

Take Care
Matthew

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Another great reply from Mathew

Yes, agreed – a back piece is a major undertaking be prepared for a lot of visits to your artist

thenewguy
Participant
@thenewguy

crypto- I got the picture just from googling aztec warrior, which is why a wanted it changed cause there is NO WAY i would get something just copy and pasted.

and for matthew the artist i had in mind is jason stieva from sinful inflictions in whitby ontario here is a link to his portfolio
http://sinfulinflictions.com/portfolio_jay/portfolio_jay.html

personally i dont think i could find a better artist for the job 😀

Thanks for the help and confidence boost

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.