-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Hey guys, I’ve been thinking of expanding my music theme tattoo for some time now.
Thats what I came up with:
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/backhy.jpg/
And the picture inside would be the right one:
http://img52.imageshack.us/i/drumsg.jpg/

The way it is now, it just doesn’t belong to anything, thats exactly why I am looking to expand it.
The tribal would be different because my artist will make them for me, it’s there just to get the feeling of how it’s gonna be.
Tribal is going to make this piece relate to every other tattoo I have so far, just because they are all sort of tribals hehe.

Ah and after finishing with this, I thought adding some color to the guitar, the mice and the drum set.
I won’t color them, just want to add some sort of a shade/spark to the instruments.

What do you guys think about it?

raulg
Participant
@raulg

Looks good. I think the tribal adds something to the original… looks good…

what program or how did you add this tattoo to the picture? Ive been looking for something so that i can see do the same…

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

The program is called a black pan. ^^
I always thought tribals are nice for backgrounds, but is it possible to tattoo that picture in B&W?

Ah and thanks for the reply =]

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Anyone? =s

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

If you start eating a lot of Mcdonalds and KFC I’m sure it will expand all by itself.

Seriously, what do *you* think about it? is this what you want on your body? Do *you* think tribal is a way for you to express your individuality and creativity? Why are you expanding this tattoo? is it just to do it or does it have deeper meaning? how far are you willing to go? a full back piece? just some accent on what you have?

We can’t answer these questions for you. if you have a solid design and you want opinions I’m sure you will get them but this general idea stuff isn’t going to pull lots of attention.

Just my .02, but start with the questions above and go from there. it starts with YOU.

PS sorry if that sounded like some sort of after school special.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

@Gsouder
I don’t think a Koi or some kind of Asian theme would be any better at “expressing my individuality” =]]]]
It’s a music theme tattoo, what would you expect it to mean? ^^

I really wanna expand this tattoo, one of the main reasons is it being not connected to anything else on me
I mean tribals are just a background/fill [and a way to relate this piece to the others I’ve got], people using water as a background don’t think it expresses them or anything.. or maybe its just me ='[

Anyway the idea is sort of a tease for me, I’ve wanted to play a guitar for ever… the only prob is my lack of musical …ern how do you call it… hearing?

By the way, I’m not going to explain it more than thatever there is on the picture…. not in the near future that is.
It pretty much has no “super special meaning to me”, by if you look at it this way, none of the dragon/fish/Asian have…
Well maybe there are some but mostly people just make up a meaning for their tattoo.

Thanks for the comment mate, I might consider another fill/background to this theme.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

@Gsouder
I don’t think a Koi or some kind of Asian theme would be any better at “expressing my individuality” =]]]]
It’s a music theme tattoo, what would you expect it to mean? ^^

I really wanna expand this tattoo, one of the main reasons is it being not connected to anything else on me
I mean tribals are just a background/fill [and a way to relate this piece to the others I’ve got], people using water as a background don’t think it expresses them or anything.. or maybe its just me ='[

Anyway the idea is sort of a tease for me, I’ve wanted to play a guitar for ever… the only prob is my lack of musical …ern how do you call it… hearing?

By the way, I’m not going to explain it more than thatever there is on the picture…. not in the near future that is.
It pretty much has no “super special meaning to me”, by if you look at it this way, none of the dragon/fish/Asian have…
Well maybe there are some but mostly people just make up a meaning for their tattoo.

Thanks for the comment mate, I might consider another fill/background to this theme.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Well, to be fair, I never said anything about a koi or asian theme tattoo for you. In fact, I intentional left my personal ideas out of my post as to not sway you. As far as your “It’s a music theme tattoo, what would you expect it to mean?” comment, I expect it to mean a whole hell of a lot if I’m going to tattoo it to my body. I certainly would not jump to an asian theme from there, I would be thinking musical notes, scales, maybe a piece of sheet music of a song I love, etc trying to find a background that would work but that’s just me.

Good luck, I hope someone else comes along thats way more helpful than I was!

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

You are helpful mate, don’t get me wrong on this one.
I thought of making a musical note background, it just doesn’t suit my “metallic” and “brutallic” taste ^^
I mean wouldn’t it be weird to get a a music sheet of a song such as… I dunno, maybe Raining Blood by Slayer? Haha
Tribals just seemed as a cute “dark” background for such a thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.