ESTESink
Participant
@estesink

Was thinking of leaving the souls skin and just shading around them

http://www.thetattooforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14146&d=1463314225

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

What lubricant do you use while tattooing?

What do you recommend for aftercare?

ESTESink
Participant
@estesink

I have found that using a petroleum based jelly clogs the pores and it’s best not to use a lubricant during the tattoo.
After finishing the piece i put a very thin layer of A&D ointment on it and cover it. I advise my client to remove the bandage and wash it gently with antibacterial soap as soon as they get home and not to leave the wrap on for more than four hours. I suggest washing it at least three times a day and apply a thin coat of unscented body lotion during the healing process. keep it out of direct sunlight and resist scratching it. However, I believe each person is different and needs to find the after care that works best for them. The single best thing they can do is keep it clean.
I also think your just fishing, but I don’t mind.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Is your first sentence supposed to say that you don’t use a petroleum based lubricant during the tattoo, or that you use no lubricant at all during the tattoo. No petroleum=good. No glide=OUCH. I cannot imagine how much the wiping would hurt without glide.

“The single best thing they can do is keep it clean.” is so true.

BTW: try to find a better ointment because Aquaphor is 41% petrolatum (Vaseline is 100%)

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

You DO realize that A & D ointment DOES contain petroleum products (and Cod liver oil)?

Where do you purchase your tattoo supplies?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@ESTESink 147861 wrote:

I also think you’re just fishing, but I don’t mind.

I certainly am because I think you’re far from ready to tattoo the public.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@ESTESink 147857 wrote:

Was thinking of leaving the souls skin and just shading around them

http://www.thetattooforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14146&d=1463314225

There’s nothing there 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.