MeganS
Participant
@megans

Hey, wasn’t sure which section to put this in, but I’m thinking of putting together some pieces for a portfolio, I just wondered what pencils, paints, paper etc. you’ve all used and what your thoughts on them are? I’ve been told I’ve got artistic talent but I never followed through with it at college so I’m a bit rusty on some areas. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i would just buy a sketchers pad and some decent pencils and start sketching, dont worry about them being rough and just keep going, then pick your favourites, make them neat and presentable and take those out and put them into another proper portfolio where they can be protected in wrappers. i wouldnt worry about colour at first, get your line work and concepts, composition etc down first and move on to colour and paint later. you gotta crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run etc. Im not a tattoo artist but i am an artist and this is what i would recommend ๐Ÿ™‚ good luck x

MeganS
Participant
@megans

Thanks for the advice ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I’m getting ahead of myself and excited ha, but you’re right, I need to get back to the basics first.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.