49erfan
Participant
@49erfan

Hi everyone. I am having someone design a half sleeve for me. This is only the first sketch, but I’m really impressed with it and really like it. I’m not an artist though, so I was just curious what others thought. Any suggestions/criticism would be great.

tattoodesign.jpg

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I would definitely find a tattoo artist and have them design your sleeve or redesign whatever you have. Only your artist is going to be able to tell you how much detail is going to work, what size your looking at etc.

That being said, as a garden of eden piece, I don’t get this. What’s the colored eye supposed to be? Why is the arm so manly when it was supposedly Eve that took the apple?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I doubt the whole thing will fit on a sleeve. Unless you have tree trunks for arms. Zing.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I think the design is sick, go for some more colors! If you bring that in as a reference for your artist I’ll bet he / she could tweak it and come up with something even better. Other than that though, go for it, awesome design

Zach

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think it is cool but that multicolor sun eye thing is hideous.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yup, eye thing sucks doesnt match,just do a good all seeing eye, otherwise cooll drawing, needs different colors in snake to seperate from tree color, cant see it as sleeve, shoulder back or thigh piece, needs space

not sure about blue as light source coming straight from back, maybe setting sun colors? but its your piece, you might be trying to say something else

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Look’s ok doesn’t look like the right design for a sleeve though, maybe a back piece.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

1 snake and 1 apple to take up the entire half-sleeve. get rid of all that other crap.

49erfan
Participant
@49erfan

Thanks for all the replies. Now that you guys mention it, it really does look like a back piece, lol. I feel like it should kind of wrap around a little more. If I wasn’t so set on a half sleeve, I would honestly just go with it. I also feel like it should be more elongated as my arms are pretty skinny.

My intentions aren’t to have this guy draw it up, take it to a tattoo artist, and say “put this on me”. Definitely would like the tattoo artist to redesign as necessary. I’m more or less having it designed ahead of time for my peace of mind. Just want to get a basic idea of what I want to get before I take the plunge. I’m not really rushing into getting it (would be first tattoo), just trying to take my time and get as much advice/input along the way. Even if the design is totally redone, I’ll at least be able to determine if I like the theme and would be comfortable wearing it for the rest of my life. Not taking the decision lightly. Might be a total waste of time to have it drawn up before hand by someone other than the artist, but at least I’ll have something visual to hand the artist.

I originally was thinking about a run of the mill all seeing eye, but then I did LSD a few times, lol. In my experience, pretty much all lights look like the eye of god on acid, but they are more colorful and remind me of the eye on the Tool album Lateralus (Alex Grey has some awesome art). So, I was trying to go for a more psychadelic eye. I’ll see what he comes up with in the final design, I feel like if it is refined a bit it will look good. I definitely see where you guys are coming from though. I’ll be sure to post the final design when it is finished.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.