ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

that looks very disturbing in a good way. Nice one;)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oooh. I wanna see the finished one.. finish it already! 😀

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

you could just dedicate a few pages of your notebook to drawing straightlines in different mediums if that’s something you struggle with? 🙂 finding a subject matter that you really like helps too, if you find it boring or uninteresting its very easy to get bored and therefore never get any better 🙂 feel free to post some sketches 🙂 i find that it helps to break things down into grids when copying other things if thats what you’re currently doing, like when i draw faces, i take a picture and draw a grid onto the picture and then copy it square for square, that way you see it as a series of shapes and lines (as david says) rather than “an eye”, “some lips” etc. give it a try and you’ll see what i mean 🙂 x

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here’s a new one. It might already be sold.

4ea4ed25.jpg

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

Awesome stuff. This whole thread is full of great drawings/paintings. My favourite is probably the horseshoe with the rose or the mini koi/goldfish.

Crackbaby
Participant
@crackbaby

Some cool stuff. Especially the odd combos from the jar. Love the idea.
I am curious about your methods. Are your designs one try and done or are you the type to sketch then refine into a final or are you able to lay it out in one pass? Feel free not to answer. I know some people hold that kinda info close.
Either way cool stuff.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m pretty open about my methods. This one started as a quick sketch done in red pencil in an old sketchbook. I refined the line drawing with tracing paper then traced it again on to drawing paper with black micron pens. Then I built up the color values starting with the darkest colors and working to the lighter colors with Prizmacolor colored pencils.

c4a45424.jpg

842a6f48.jpg

4ea4ed25.jpg

It was kind of cool. I posted this on Facebook and 15 minutes later someone called the tattoo shop and booked an appointment with me to get it done. I love technology.

Look me up on Facebook – do a search for David Jednat
I’m also on Instagram -@davidjednat

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Your work is incredible man, really enjoy looking at all the pieces. Keep it up and if im ever around i’ll be sure to head your way.

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Great work man…I really like the star wars drawings. Too bad you are not closer to Oklahoma 🙂

phoenix_girl
Participant
@phoenix_girl

I like the one with the eye.

A LOT!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

New one. Sort of. I just got some new markers and decided to try them out.

e4d44da7.jpg

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Gorgeous! You are amazing, dude.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
DavidJednat;111537 wrote:
New one. Sort of. I just got some new markers and decided to try them out.

I’m not sure, but I THINK I’m missing the right forearm and shoulder from that pic :rolleyes:

Very interesting, as per usual. 🙂

roxyryder
Participant
@roxyryder

really nice work like the koi fish

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Awesome work!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.