busyguy8
Participant
@busyguy8

I want to show my current tattoo on my shoulder, but the pics aren’t hosted anywhere right now, they are simply on my hard drive.

Anyway, the current tattoo is a yin yang with a dragon and tiger surrounding it. This is just a shoulder tattoo that I want to extend to a 3/4 sleeve. We are going to Hawaii, and I have an appointment in Hilo while I’m there. I want to continue the Yin yang them, and keep in Japanese style while incorporating something from the big island. I’m thinking lava/ocean. Problem is, I haven’t seen anything like this in a Japanese style, so not sure how it would look.

Any thoughts? I will of course, work with my artist once I get there, but would love to have something on paper to get us started.

Thanks!
-b

HannahRoses21
Participant
@hannahroses21

There is a Disney Pixar short animated film called “lava” that is very interesting, and has a Hawaiian island feel to it, maybe watching the video could give you some inspiration. I feel like it has a kind of yin yang/ two people meant to be vibe to it. Or perhaps a erupting volcano with lava meeting the sea, forming the yin yang symbol.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I read the stuff this kid comes out with sometimes and just…

Anyway, moving on.

OK, I get what you’re saying busyguy8, you want something reminiscent of your time in Hawaii but in a Japanese style tattoo. You’re right, you wont find hibiscus flowers volcanoes and hula girls in Japanese art because they are completely unrelated cultures, themes and styles. However, that’s not to say that a talented Japanese style artist couldn’t amend a Hawaiian image into a Japanese style I suppose. I can’t guarantee how it would come out and it will almost certainly look out of place. Maybe you would be better of doing something Hawaiian themed on the other arm as an entirely separate piece rather than trying to incorporate two very different things and forcing them together?

Personally I would keep the Japanese Japanese and put the Hawaiian elsewhere. Also, if you have picked a good and reputable artist your drawings will be irrelevant. If you already have a booking I would contact him with your ideas and ask if he could sketch up a rough draft so you have something to actually see before you get there. Personally I quite like the surprise but I understand that not everyone likes the idea of sitting for a few hours not knowing what they will have at the end!!!!

HannahRoses21
Participant
@hannahroses21

Just because I have ideas that you don’t agree with, doesn’t mean you need to be condescending. I am a woman, not a kid. And I really was just hoping even if my ideas are not what people want, they could give them a new perspective or idea. Just be respectful of other peoples ideas, it’s not hard.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

It’s quite clear that you either don’t read threads or have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe just say nothing.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

damn the op said Japanese style.
hcc09_04.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.