Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

Started on my chest piece, and got the phrase “Momento Vivere” which means Remember to Live in Latin.Long story short, it’s not symmetrical. Once you see the picture you will know what I’m talking about. My question is what can I have done to it to make it look symmetrical or just better in general? Any opinion is greatly appreciated!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/joeqz.jpg/

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Did the artist not give you an opportunity to look at stencil placment in a mirror?
While i dont believe symmetry can be achieved by two words with different lengths i do think the “v” is too big and the angle of the second word doesnt match the first. It should have been done in an arc. Not two opposing angles.
A busy background could trick your eye into not noticing it.
Skulls. 😀

Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

Yeah, I meant angle. My apologies! I did see the stencil, but it looked fine honestly.. Not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what.. It actually had an arc on the stencil. Not sure if it’s the way I was standing when he put the carbon on me.. not too sure. All in all, it’s already in my skin. Need more ideas as to what I could do! Thanks for the quick feedback, though!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

How about an exclamation point?

Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

That would work, Jerry. I was thinking some filler lines under it with some curls also.. I printed the picture and drew them on there and it looks pretty good with the additives

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Cant go wrong with filigree or skulls. Its been proven.
Good luck. Post up if / when you get it fixed

Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

Will do! Probably next week sometime. I just got it last night.. still pretty sore and swollen

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Oh. Id wait till it fully heals if I were you. That would reduce risk of irritation and what not, plus it would give u plenty of time to think about it. Do you plan on using the same artist?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just add some stuff around it like filigree, flowers, hearts,skulls,dead animals, food ect. as it is it looks pretty boring

Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

probably not

Ron_Michel
Participant
@ron_michel

Appreciate it! and yeah, I had more on the stencil, but I got called into work so I stopped at the lettering

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Ron_Michel;117960 wrote:
All in all, it’s already in my skin. Need more ideas as to what I could do! Thanks for the quick feedback, though!

Leave it alone. Live in the moment. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.