Dipland
Participant
@dipland

Damn! Wish I had something more constructive, but I don’t. Recently I got real drunk, danced on a bar, broke my thumb and a rib and (allegedly) propositioned one of my daughter’s friends.

My thumb and rib healed; my daughter and friend realized I was very drunk.

I win.

So you honestly did not at any point during this solid black carving, sober up enough to think this might be a bad idea??

Rll131
Participant
@rll131

It took about 40 minutes and was drinking during the tattoo so no I didn’t sober up. Going to see a laser removal place tomorrow to have it faded and covered. Lesson learned fucking sucks though

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Although it isn’t a tattoo I’d get, it isn’t really “that” bad – I kinda like it!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;116708 wrote:
There’s no way in hell to cover that big black blob up with anything but a bigger black blob.

If you don’t want to spend the rest of your life hating your chest, you need to get that thing lasered.

Not 100% true, it would have to be something very big to cover it i agree, but my artist “Michael Shipley” has covered darker/just as dark with sugar skulls/roses. It requires more than one sitting but it can be done.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry Wardy, but your artist sucks donkey balls and I doubt he could properly cover his ass with toilet paper, so he sure as shit could never cover that thing.

My point remains. You can’t (to any really useful degree) cover black with any color that is lighter. Hence, the giant blob of black would have to be incorporated into the new tattoo. Thus, the giant bat-shaped blob would have to be expanded to be a giant non-bat-shaped blob in the middle of a giant coverup piece that would be horribly dark…. which I am very much certain that the OP would live to regret.

Rll131: I’m glad you’re going that route, although as you say it’s not exactly the best way to learn the lesson 🙁
Have you talked to the removal people at all? Know anything about prices/timeframe, and how soon you can start to get it lasered? I thought I read somewhere that you can’t laser until 3 months after tattooing, or something like that.

If you live anywhere close to Tim Pangburn, and even if you don’t live anywhere close to him, I would definitely check out his portfolio. He is the Yoda grand-master of coverups and does beautiful work (although it’s not my kinda ink) so it would be well worth seeing him to get the coverup after a laser session or two.

Panter
Participant
@panter
ArniVidar;116749 wrote:
Sorry Wardy, but your artist sucks donkey balls and I doubt he could properly cover his ass with toilet paper, so he sure as shit could never cover that thing.

Dammit Arni, I’m sending you an invoice for my coffee ruined keyboard

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;116749 wrote:

Without being a total dick here you have not seen my artists work haha, I’ve not been getting tattoo’d by him long now i only have 3 tattoo’s off him. He is actually a good artist and does some very good portraits.
Here’s a cover up he did about a year ago.

Rll131
Participant
@rll131

Yes I went to the laser consultation you have to wait 4 weeks after the tattoo is done to get it lasered. I’m going to another tattoo artist in philadelphia to see what he can do another highly recommended cover up artist. Looking at a bio mech tattoo on top of the black and having the edges redone to look like torn skin. You can’t tell in the picture I posted but the shading is not very dark at all and is very blotchy.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Panter;116763 wrote:
Dammit Arni, I’m sending you an invoice for my coffee ruined keyboard

No Problem. They only cost a few bucks anyway. 🙂

Wardy;116764 wrote:

Yep… that’s not good at all.

Rll131;116776 wrote:
Yes I went to the laser consultation you have to wait 4 weeks after the tattoo is done to get it lasered. I’m going to another tattoo artist in philadelphia to see what he can do another highly recommended cover up artist. Looking at a bio mech tattoo on top of the black and having the edges redone to look like torn skin. You can’t tell in the picture I posted but the shading is not very dark at all and is very blotchy.

Only 4 weeks? That’s good then. You can get crackin’ on it soon enough then.

I’m glad the shading isn’t very dark. That makes it MUCH simpler and saves on the laser sessions 🙂
I just imagined a brand-new black ink to be utterly black.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;116764 wrote:
Without being a total dick here you have not seen my artists work haha, I’ve not been getting tattoo’d by him long now i only have 3 tattoo’s off him. He is actually a good artist and does some very good portraits.

That is a fresh pic. Let’s see it healed I’m sure you can see the black just fine.

Note to Wardy. Please stop your man crush with this guy, move on and get some decent work before you cant fit any more work on you.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

That tattoo’s isn’t mine by the way haha, got it out of he’s portfolio on facebook.

Rll131
Participant
@rll131

Not sure if anyone has had laser but the nurse said it will be 1000 for to treatments and that should be enouph to fade it for the coverup . Price includes anesthesia.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Rll131;116776 wrote:

Recommended by whom? If you’re in/near Philly anyway, go to Pangburn.

buttwheat;116788 wrote:
That is a fresh pic. Let’s see it healed I’m sure you can see the black just fine.

+1

Rll131;116794 wrote:
Not sure if anyone has had laser but the nurse said it will be 1000 for to treatments and that should be enouph to fade it for the coverup . Price includes anesthesia.

That’s very expensive compared to what removal usually costs in tattoo shops, but anesthesia raises the cost considerably.

x561x
@

LMFAO!!! You don’t even understand how hilarious this is. I’m 16 years old and handle my alcohol better than you.

x561x
@
Wardy;116764 wrote:

I can still see the tattoo he was trying to cover lol.

Point not proven, for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.