PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

I really like this idea and the last artist i talked to it seemed like he was thinking more on the fact it would be hard then anything and said he hadnt seen anything like it before. If you would take a look at my current tat i have smoke coming from tires to the left of my spine under my neck. I want that smoke to turn into a more cloudy smoke then into tribal onto the top of my shoulder and down the left arm till around the elbow.i want it to be more traditional american tribal with the thick black lines but i want the smoke to become the tribal and to whisp in and out of it. idk if i can explain this anymore clearly but he wants me to try and draw it out for him and i guess i will but every time ive tried it isnt anything like what i want so any ideas on how to make this clearer to him or anyone else or for that matter is it clear to yall?

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I am not sure I get the design idea but what I do get is a feeling that you need a new tattoo artist.
When a tattooer asks you to draw your own tattoo it is normally time to run away!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Cornishtiger;92195 wrote:
I am not sure I get the design idea but what I do get is a feeling that you need a new tattoo artist.
When a tattooer asks you to draw your own tattoo it is normally time to run away!

What he said. Wtf? “I don’t have the time or the talent to attempt to be creative. YOU draw something then I’ll laugh at your drawing and tell you it can’t be done.” Sounds like a dick.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

exactly how i felt and the original tattooist who did my first one who i wanted to continue the rest of my back has kinda been blowing me off i dont have time and gas to drive 40 mins to go see u just to tell u what i can tell u on the phone i paid him in full last time and gave him a good tip and i have no pictures for him just a description i want the artist to be creative with this and see where it goes i live in new bedford ma anyone kno of someone who could help me out?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
PvtDonut;92225 wrote:
exactly how i felt and the original tattooist who did my first one who i wanted to continue the rest of my back has kinda been blowing me off i dont have time and gas to drive 40 mins to go see u just to tell u what i can tell u on the phone i paid him in full last time and gave him a good tip and i have no pictures for him just a description i want the artist to be creative with this and see where it goes i live in new bedford ma anyone kno of someone who could help me out?

Now you’re headed in the right direction. The car is nice, but a really good artist can give you what you want. Keep searching and asking on a few different forums. Find a real artist, I’m glad you’re not all defensive when it comes to this jagwad.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

And is it just me or are like 70% of tattoo artists just idk idont wanna sa dickheads but yeah more often then not dickheads.other then the guy I went to at inlicting ink for my first tat

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

And is it just me or are like 70% of tattoo artists just idk idont wanna sa dickheads but yeah more often then not dickheads.other then the guy I went to at inlicting ink for my first tat

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Yeah, as soon as most of these assholes start making a little money they start thinking they’re rock stars who don’t have the time for you. See if they’re still running their own shop five years from now. Good, honest down to earth tattooists do exist, however, and they want you to be proud of your purchase and brag to everyone that they did it. If they don’t have time for you, they aren’t worth your time. I personally would come up with something and redraw it ten times to give the customer what they really wanted if I thought they really liked my work and were serious about getting something they would be proud of. Like I said, keep asking, keep looking, there is someone reasonably close to you who has what you’re looking for. Good luck!

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

I just at this poin feel almoststupid that or there are like no enthusiastic artists in my area w.e I did start puting the concept on paper so they can see where I’m coming from.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

Ok so I sketched some stuff out so I can bring it to an artist. I myself am no artist its all very rough and I also wrote out a layout for the rest of my back but I’m at work and the pics from my fone won’t upload so ill put it on here in a bit. Hope to get some feedback on it thanks to all those who gave ideas and helped me out.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
PvtDonut;92232 wrote:

Nope, not just you. I’ve spoken to (or emailed) a lot of very good artists who are down to earth and sociable though (e.g. Shane O’Neill, Terry Ribera, Tom Strom, Michele Turco just to name a few). If someone seems reluctant or unexcited to do a piece, go elsewhere – no matter how good they are (that’s my 2 cents anyway).

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

Ok so i drew this while i was at work and again im not an artist and that tribal is nothing like what i want but its the idea i want him to go off on and the other pic is my rough idea of the layout of my back and all the smoke around the buddha will have a dragon or dragons in it so it wont just be smoke. be gentle lol

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

That’s a pretty detailed sketch for someone who “can’t draw”. Find an artist, show him those sketches and your tattoo. I guarantee you’ll find someone who is excited about the project. Check out a few apprentices. They tend to be a bit more eager to please, and just because they are apprentices doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Look at DavidJednat’s work.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm.. not liking the lonely tree, so far up top and centered. Will it be blooming (or whatever treeds do) on your throat?

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

the tree is already there bro it is part of my original tattoo and btw i found one guy who over the phone seemed like a really kool guy and genuinely interested. its his shop and he is the only tattooist im gonna go check out his shit then see what he has to say. And i mean i took art in highschool but im not an artist i can sketch sometimes but nothing i would say is spectacular lol.http://www.imageprotattoo.com/ thats his site tell me what yall think. and again any ideas on the tattoo itself im welcome to suggestions.

this is my first tattoo and its for my father. he died hitting a tree hence the tree he loved his mustang and LCB IV was his initials and 67-90 on license plate just for a little background

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.