Chase-Kingsbury
    Participant
    @chase-2

Hey all, New poster here.
    Ok, so I have an idea in my head of what I want. I’m just horrible at drawing.
    I’ve seen a lot of dragons, and skulls with daggers driven through them, But I haven’t seen a lot of designs with all three incorporated.
    I’m looking a Skull with a dagger driven through it vertically, and a dragon wrapping around from behind clawing around from the top and bottom. Also with a banner over the top and bottom. I want the banner to read Death Before on the top, and Dishonor on the bottom. I’d like colors, but shading is also important as well. The dragon should be like a gold or dark, dark yellow, maybe black with gold highlights? I want the skull to be a shaded ivory, and the dagger I would like to be seen driven through with the blade visible through the mouth, the Hilt of the dagger I want to be an Olive Drab or matte Green color, and the blade should be a steel with or without some blood stains on it.. and once again shading, I love the look of the darker colors that I’ve seen.
    I want this to be a forearm piece, so having it laid out in a horizontal design would be preferable. This is my second tattoo. So I’m pretty inexperienced on the design phase of the tattoo process, I just know in my minds eye what I want it to look like.
    If any artists could help me out with the design, drawing it or otherwise, I’d be very grateful. I live in Northern California, so if there are any local artists that would be willing to meet up, that would be cool too.
    Thanks for the assistance and looking at the post.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It is ok that you can’t draw. What you need to do is find a great tattooist express your idea to them and they will draw up the design for you. It is part of their job that you are paying them for, If you have someone else draw it up and give it to them they are less pumped to do it most artist like to create their own art not just copy stuff.
    I see you are northern California if you are near Grass Valley hit up Classic tattoo and see Cory Norris Or see Alycia Harr[/url]
    I have tattoos by both of them top notch tattooists

harles.M
    Participant
    @harles-m

Scour the internet for images you like, called reference material, then find a Tattooer who you like the work of, then approach them with your ideas and a budget and see if they are willing to work with you, if not move to the next and so on…..Good custom work is not cheap and not easy to work out. You’re asking someone to spend hours of design, in preparation before they are even paid by the hour for application and few appreciate the prep work. You have to find the right fit, it is not easy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.