BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

For the past few nights I have woken up randomly and started talking to what I thought was my girlfriend, and then shortly after I’ll snap out of it and realize that I’m hugging my blankets..

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

No, I’ve never woke up thought I was hugging your girlfriend. :p

My dad’s been in the hospital and I’ve been dogsitting his 180 lb. Great Dane, and she LOVES to snuggle in bed and refuses to sleep alone. It’s been really weird waking up every morning with this giant body in my arms, thinking,”Oh my God, who did I bring home?” 😮

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my wife and son both talk in their sleep, my son will sit up and talk away, when we were first married I had crashed on the couch after a long day, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw my wife talking and walking out the front door………………me i sleep like the dead and love it

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
mrchen;113015 wrote:
my wife and son both talk in their sleep, my son will sit up and talk away, when we were first married I had crashed on the couch after a long day, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw my wife talking and walking out the front door………………me i sleep like the dead and love it

I bet it scared the shit out of you at first seeing your wife walk out the door talking though.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
GrayCatLove;113009 wrote:
No, I’ve never woke up thought I was hugging your girlfriend. :p

Haha fair point!!

mrchen;113015 wrote:

That’s wild, have you ever woken them up while their sleep walking?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

If I ever wake up calling my girlfriend’s name, my wife is going to be really,really pissed.

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

I was told I talk in my sleep

Since ive lost both parents and lots of family drama if I dream at all they are always bad crazy dreams. I dont sleep much

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Sounds like you’re waking up in the later stages of sleep. Stuck between conscious and unconscious. The funny thing about dreams is that the brain can’t tell the difference between reality and dream (thus why your body is paralyzed during the REM stage of sleep). There’s what psychologists call night terrors, and it’s where you wake up in the middle of REM, while your body is still paralyzed, and you are still dreaming while awake. Sounds like a version of this, but less severe.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

My dad was always asking people if their dreams were in color or black and white? He claimed to dream in color.

I used to sleepwalk many years ago. (I was quite the talk in a railroad bunk room in Conway, PA in December 1976)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.