GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
iggybuddi;110181 wrote:
Well thanks. 🙂

I may. My current business is much more intensive. I actually go and live at people’s houses for the week or two that they are away. I won’t be able to do that much when I move, but I’ll probably still do some small stuff like letting dogs out and doing cats. Thanks for the idea!

Also an important service! (Since kennels are disgusting and disease-ridden.)

Seriously, there’s a lot of coin to be earned though in those on-call pet care things. Not sure why more people don’t do it.

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

I work for a Bank and I ride/train horses for people

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi
GrayCatLove;110200 wrote:
Also an important service! (Since kennels are disgusting and disease-ridden.)

Seriously, there’s a lot of coin to be earned though in those on-call pet care things. Not sure why more people don’t do it.

Kennels aren’t always disease ridden & disgusting, although many can be. The main issue with them is that the animals become so much more stressed than they would just being left in their home. Adjusting to a new place, new people and all the other dogs is more stressful than anything for a dog. It is much more comfortable to have a petsitter come to your home to take care of them, if possible.

And I think it’s because some people ONLY like their pets and don’t want to deal with others.

ParaDoX667
Participant
@paradox667

I work in IT in the oil and gas industry.
Been in the IT field for the last 15 years :S

Sometimes I wish I had gone to a different field such as the fitness industry or to psychology.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I’m currently a Cashier at Walmart. Been doing that for over a year now. I also have a Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design so I do freelance from time to time on the side while I look for something that’ll suite me job wise in the field itself. I also have my own little art business off to the side Etching Glass but it’s just a little here and there, nothing big.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

I work for the local County Council in the Highways Department. My actual job title is Highway Maintenance Technician and I get involved in everything from potholes to new road construction, cycleways, flooding issues, snow ploughing and highway safety. It’s pretty varied and keeps me busy!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

bananabread, are you out on a maintenance crew?
Ive seen a few lovely ladies working in the field, but you ona crew woudl certainly be a distraction in traffic

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread
mrchen;111078 wrote:
bananabread, are you out on a maintenance crew?
Ive seen a few lovely ladies working in the field, but you ona crew woudl certainly be a distraction in traffic

I have been known to get a bit dirty with a spade but I’m actually more of the decision maker behind the actual physical hard work ( I spent a day with a crew a while back and those guys work hard! I would probably last a day!). I spend most of my time doing inspections and finding defects, looking into engineering solutions to traffic problems and making decisions regarding closing roads. I don’t think we have a single female on our maintenance crews and I am only one of 2 in the client team. It definitely need more ladies! 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool, sounds like a nice job,
I did work for a giant electrical mechanical contractor in maryland right out of the marines, I was a buildings automation systems lead mechanic, I had a 5 foot 2 blond, blue eyed helper on my crew, caaught so much shit about it it really wasnt worth it, she was the only female we had in the field at the time (mid 80’s)

hdgworldno1
@

[lang=vi]very nice^^!!![/lang]

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.