DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Well done on the 10 mile run, theres no way in hell I could run that far I am pretty sure I would faint from exhaustion LOL

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
DragonSiren;101510 wrote:
Well done on the 10 mile run, theres no way in hell I could run that far I am pretty sure I would faint from exhaustion LOL

Thanks so much. I never thought I’d do it, but I progressed into it. You’d be surprised how fast you progress when you do it everyday. I think about every 3 weeks I see improvement. ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Woman, you crazy!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
ArniVidar;101560 wrote:
Woman, you crazy!

Haha! You aren’t the only one who says that! I love doing it, though!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I envy you.
I’d ride my bike for 10 miles easy enough, but I could never run that far. My ankles and knees would detach themselves off my legs and start beating me to death if I tried.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I envy you.
I’d ride my bike for 10 miles easy enough, but I could never run that far. My ankles and knees would detach themselves off my legs and start beating me to death if I tried.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Yeah when you work up to it you’re surprised how far you can run. I remember when I couldn’t run more than 2kms, now I’m not sure how far I can run, I just stop when I get bored which is usually after about an hour.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
ArniVidar;101563 wrote:
I envy you.

Yeah, I used to bike quite a lot and I’d do 14+ miles with a baby in the baby seat attached to the back. I used to take my daughter everywhere! I still like to bike, but it is more convenient for me to just get out and run and the running actually gets me so high I don’t think I can do without it anymore. I’m pretty much addicted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I walk to and from my car everyday.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
xanderx;101483 wrote:
congrats ms mercury! i wish i can force myself to like running but really can’t… i’d rather play 4 or 5 hrs of tennis non-stop than run a marathon… but to each his own :0 happy for you!

Same here. I love weight training and hiking/backpacking (5-20 miles for a day hike), but running just isn’t my thing. I’ve tried to get myself into it many times, but I always quit within a week or two.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My right arm that i pick my Jack Daniels up with is quite strong if im being honest.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Wardy;101568 wrote:
I walk to and from my car everyday.

Hahaha! LMAO! ๐Ÿ˜€

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

Congrats, MsMercury. I understand your alone time comment. I run as well. usually between 5-7 miles.

There is a Thanksgiving day 10k here that I have run in for the past 12 years. Unfortunately, I fell and broke a rib a week ago, so will not be able to run or workout at all for the next 6 weeks.

Congratulations again. And good luck on working up to a marathon. That is a HUGE challenge and commitment.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Dipland;101589 wrote:
Congrats, MsMercury. I understand your alone time comment. I run as well. usually between 5-7 miles.

There is a Thanksgiving day 10k here that I have run in for the past 12 years. Unfortunately, I fell and broke a rib a week ago, so will not be able to run or workout at all for the next 6 weeks.

Congratulations again. And good luck on working up to a marathon. That is a HUGE challenge and commitment.

Thanks! I have to admit, it really wasn’t much of a challenge. I thought it would be really grueling or something. I think 15 miles would be a challenge. Yeah, that alone time is very necessary if I’m going to stay somewhat sane!! Wow, I’m sorry to hear about your misfortune! 6 weeks is a long time not to be able to do your exercises! Sorry you’ll be missing out on the Thanksgiving day run. ๐Ÿ™ I do other types of working out as well. I’m currently doing a program called “Convict Conditioning”. Have been into it about 6 months now. I used to do kettle bells, which was fun. I like to try different things, but I think running is here to stay. I just might try a marathon someday, but only for the sake of doing it and getting through it. I can’t actually race. My pace is slow and steady and focused on distance. I only run about 6 to 6.5mph on average. Once in awhile I can go a bit faster, but there is no need for me to do so.

Good luck on your recovery!! :):):)

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
msmercury;101496 wrote:
Ha! Very funny!! I know what you mean, though. I never thought I’d do this, but I’ve built up to it over the past few years. I started out at 2.5 miles a day and then gradually increased it because I was enjoying my time alone and the high so much I did not want to go home! So, I just run longer to stretch out the good feeling! ๐Ÿ™‚

I smoke a pack a day while sitting on my ass for at least 16 hours… I get that runner’s high from a flight of stairs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.